Mark & Denise Bird, Paul & Michelle Martin
Rocks Marine Bait & Tackle
Ph: 02 6566 6726
rocksmarine@tsn.cc
Tony Zann
Reporter

Weekly Report 10/9/10

Post by Tony Zann » Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:45 pm

Fishos heading north to Grassy Head had some patchy results through the week with some smaller snapper, fair pearl perch and assorted reef fish. Most of the trag were undersize while leatherjackets have all but disappeared. Fish Rock is fishing well for good kingfish with the current racing late last week. Live yakkas and slimies from the buoys are working well on the kings. Mack tuna are here in good numbers. Trolling for tailor has been unproductive.
Still no good blackfish news with only ones and twos out of the Back Creek and along the breakwall. Guys fishing the Cut and North Wall are having a little more success. Bream are about but keepers are hard to find. An early run of flathead is getting the fishos interested with some nice fish caught through the Cut, Clybucca and Jerseyville. Live herring are in good numbers and great bait for the lizards. Salmon and tailor have been at the end of the wall morning and afternoon.
Thanks to all the people who contacted me regarding the heap of salmon on Back Beach left by pro fishermen. My call to Fisheries was extremely frustrating and sadly a waste of time. I walked the beach a few days ago, they’re still there and they stink. Smoky Beach has a few bream and whiting coming in with the odd tailor and salmon. Main Beach has some legal whiting jumping all over worms.
With Labor and the Greens returned we best buckle up and get ready to fight for our right to fish.
Mark and Denise Bird and Paul and Michelle Martin
Rocks Marine Bait and Tackle
02 6566 6726
rocksmarine@tsn.cc