Mark & Denise Bird, Paul & Michelle Martin
Rocks Marine Bait & Tackle
Ph: 02 6566 6726
rocksmarine@tsn.cc
Tony Zann
Reporter

Weekly Report 8/7/11

Post by Tony Zann » Fri Jul 08, 2011 2:26 pm

The outside scene is on fire at the moment with Grassy Heads fishing well for some very respectable snapper up to 8 kilos. Trag are in big numbers around the same location but getting a big one is a mission. Pearl perch have been around the 50m mark while tuskies have been on the bite with some good fish amongst them. There were a few bar cod caught last week with one crew past the shelf to get their catch. Fishos trolling for tailor in front of the Jail have been doing well with one cracker 4.8kg monster caught by Dave Abel. I heard a few stories last week of big kings busting guys off around Fish Rock. Bigger than normal mack tuna have also been about in various locations. Leatherjackets were not such a big problem last week but that can change like the wind.
Once again the Cut Through or Kemps Corner proved productive for school jew but it is hard to fish mid-tide. Michelle and I fished there last weekend for bream and flathead, but the catch of the day was a thumper blackfish on a 5” lumo Berkley Gulp plastic. I jagged it but still it ate well! Good bream are coming off the breakwall, where the water is slowly clearing.
Good results from the beaches last week with some nice tailor, bream and salmon coming in.
Rock hoppers are getting tailor, drummer, blackfish and salmon out of the calmer seas.
Mark and Denise Bird and Paul and Michelle Martin
Rocks Marine Bait and Tackle
02 6566 6726
rocksmarine@tsn.cc