Mark & Denise Bird, Paul & Michelle Martin
Rocks Marine Bait & Tackle
Ph: 02 6566 6726
rocksmarine@tsn.cc
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 07/05/14

Post by Nicole Penfold » Wed May 07, 2014 1:16 pm

We had fairly ordinary conditions last week with the big southerly busters coming through. There were sprinklings of Spotted Mackerel out of the cooling green water. Off the northern reefs the bottom feeders are not playing the game with just the odd Snapper, Pearlie and Trag coming in. There are numbers of Bonito and Yellow Fin in front of the Gaol with some nice Tailor on the troll down to Fish Rock where there has been the odd King about. It will be interesting what this sudden cold snap will bring.

Flathead numbers are good but getting the bigger units is the tough part. Bluebait has been working a treat. Bream are along the walls on the change of the tide with reports of a couple of Mangrove Jack in close. Jewfish are about with the north Breakwall and the Jerseyville Bridge the hot spots. Whiting in small numbers are upriver on worms. Blackfish are starting to show up around JewBite.

Rock hoppers are having some fun with Tailor, Bonito and the odd Drummer and Blackfish.

Take care on the bars

Paul Martin
rocksmarine@tsn.cc

Techy_tripper

Re: Weekly Report 07/05/14

Post by Techy_tripper » Thu May 08, 2014 12:53 am

hi,
i'm heading up to swr/hat head in next weekend. i have been following you reports for a little while now to and haven't really seen anything about longtails. i'm fishing land based and was wondering how its looking for long tail, yellowfin, cobia or if the spainish have still been caught as the water still looks pretty warm from what i've seen. any info would be to good.

cheers

Nicole Penfold
Admin

Re: Weekly Report 07/05/14

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri May 09, 2014 5:44 pm

Hello Techy

I post the reports on Paul's behalf so you'll need to either send him an email at rocksmarine@tsn.cc or give him a call on (02) 6566 6726. Good luck next weekend, hope you have a great trip.

Nic