Jason and Virginia Isaac
Ned Kelly’s Bait and Tackle
Ph: 02 6583 8318
jas.ned@bigpond.com
Tony Zann
Reporter

Weekly Report 30/7/10

Post by Tony Zann » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:33 pm

On the beaches there are still masses of school mulloway, with North Beach continuing to provide fish up to around 4kg pretty well every night. If you are seeking quality rather than quantity, my spies tell me a trip to the Camden Haven could prove rewarding. Bream have been down a little, which is not unexpected around the full moon, while tailor remain consistent if not spectacular. Salmon are increasing everywhere and will most likely continue over coming weeks.
In the estuary, blackfish remain frustrating with only the occasional good session punctuating periods of below-par activity. Some are blaming the water for being too warm, some are blaming the absence of weed growth around the walls, but who really knows. Flathead numbers remain excellent, with Blackmans Point and the flats around Pelican Island worth a go. The full moon has slowed the night bream action but with that behind us, I expect a continuation of the good results of the past month or so. Some terrific mulloway were encountered in the Hastings and the Camden Haven, with Peter Hayes and Nick Parsons both scoring fish of 23.8kg.
Off the rocks, still no real signs of significant drummer activity. Excellent tailor reports continue from Point Plomer and further north. Plomer and Hat Head have plenty of school jew on whole squid and lures. Plenty of blackfish still around for those keen to toss a bit of cabbage, with Miners and Nobbys productive.
Offshore results have been terrific with some excellent snapper around 6kg. Soft plastics during the morning or live baits during the evening have been achieving results. A few samson fish, kingfish, pearl perch and the odd teraglin. Leatherjackets have gone AWOL again, to the relief of some and frustration of others.
Jason and Virginia Isaac
Ned Kelly’s Bait and Tackle
(02) 6583 8318
jasned@ozemail.com.au