Great Lakes Tackle
Shop 1, 1-9 Manning St (Cnr Kent St)
Tuncurry 2428
Ph 6554 9541
Tony Zann
Reporter

Weekly Report 14/5/10

Post by Tony Zann » Fri May 14, 2010 9:47 am

Estuary: The lake temperature is still up in the low 20°s, making it still perfect for the odd flathead to be active and lurking around the bottom. Still good reports of flatties around the Fisheries wharf plus out in the lake system around the edges of the sandflats and the oyster racks. Good quality bream have been landed in and around the racks plus some good reports from holidaymakers of nice bream up around the Wallamba River Caravan Park boat ramp. Striped tuna fillets are the pick of the baits or for the soft plastic fishos, try the Gulp 2” Shrimp.
Blackfish are not feeding as aggressively as they have been over the past week but are still around for those that are keen enough to chase them.
Great reports on mulloway on the breakwall with plenty of small soapies up to 6kg on the end of the wall plus good-sized fish being caught after dark along the wall around the lead-in triangle. Plenty of baitfish around the harbour breakwalls, with big schools of mullet running up the main harbour channel.
Rocks: A few LBG reports have filtered in with sharks being a problem. One report was from a regular who landed a nice cobia off Charlottes Head, the first one I have heard of for a few weeks. Drummer, bream and blackfish seem to be the species to target at the moment.
Offshore: With the fresh southerlies on since the weekend, no one has ventured out. The commercial boys have reported that bonito are still thick, while one yachtie sailing north for winter has reported that he caught two yellowfin tiuna between Swansea and Forster on Tuesday morning.
Beach: A good supply of tailor still around with early morning the best time to fish. Results vary day to day, depending on the conditions. North Nine Mile and Diamond seem to be the best.
Brad & Lisa Andrew,
Great Lakes Tackle
Shop 21, 29 Manning Street (Bi-Lo Plaza)
TUNCURRY NSW 2428
Phone/Fax: 02 6554 9541

skullatinny

Re: Weekly Report 14/5/10

Post by skullatinny » Tue Jun 08, 2010 2:19 pm

Hi, i'm just curious as to why no reports for Forster since 14/5/10. Am i doing something wrong my end?

fredster

Post by fredster » Fri Jun 18, 2010 1:28 pm

Went past the shop on the weekend and it appearsto still be open, don't know what the issue is.

Nargi

Post by Nargi » Fri Jun 18, 2010 9:02 pm

why has there been no reports from 14-05-10 as we are comming there Monday 21-06-10 and can't fine out what's happining.

Tony Zann
Reporter

Post by Tony Zann » Mon Jun 21, 2010 3:32 pm

Like you, I don't work when I'm on holidays!
You'll be able to post a report when you come back...

skullatinny

Post by skullatinny » Mon Jun 21, 2010 5:25 pm

Hi, You're dead set right. I've never worked whilst on holidays,never have & never will & i wouldn't expect you to do it either.I was just curious about not being able to get the Fishing report for Forster as i look forward to this excellent report on a weekly basis.Condradulations to all concerned with the Fishing Monthly website i'ts very interesting & informative as is the magazine.Hope you had a great holiday & sorry if i disturbed it at all...Regards.Skullatinny...