Great Lakes Tackle
Shop 1, 1-9 Manning St (Cnr Kent St)
Tuncurry 2428
Ph 6554 9541
Tony Zann
Reporter

Weekly Report 30/7/10

Post by Tony Zann » Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:34 pm

Estuary: The big jewfish caught along the breakwall have certainly thinned out a lot over the past month but the in the past few days I have received the odd report of some small soapies back along the wall. Gulp 7” plastics have been the pick of the lures. Blackfish have been caught around the black boat and still on Tern Island. Those anglers chasing bream on lures have had great success, with small hardbodies around the leases and The Paddock the pick. Once you get onto the bream, be ready for plenty of action. Try Atomic or Maria chubby-type lures.
Rocks: The drummer fishing remains on fire, especially around Blackhead and Bennetts Head. I heard through the grapevine that cooked prawns were the choice of baits. Bream also are out along the rocks in good numbers but don’t fish too heavy.
Offshore: You guessed it, the leatherjackets are still with us but they seem to be getting a little smaller. A few regulars fished out wide last Saturday afternoon and bought home a bar cod and a great bag of trag. On the way home they also landed two nice kingfish so in all, 8 hours of fishing was well worth it. Seas have started to flatten out so offshore should provide great fishing again.
Beach: The recent run of great beach fishing continues with tailor still thick along Nine Mile. The salmon are still with us in droves. Elizabeth Beach is still producing nice whiting. Nice photo delivered to shop last week of a 17kg jew caught along Diamond Beach. This is the one that was caught after three break-offs. The fish being very dark in colour leads me to think that a few big fish have swum down out of the Manning River. Try your luck at Diamond Beach or Harrington Breakwall, you just never know!
This weekend we will be relocating the shop two doors down the road so next time you pass please call in and say hi !
Brad & Lisa Andrew,
Great Lakes Tackle
Shop 23, 29 Manning Street (Bi-Lo Plaza)
TUNCURRY NSW 2428
Phone/Fax: 02 6554 9541