Great Lakes Tackle
Shop 1, 1-9 Manning St (Cnr Kent St)
Tuncurry 2428
Ph 6554 9541
Tony Zann
Reporter

Weekly Report 3/12/10

Post by Tony Zann » Fri Dec 03, 2010 3:34 pm

Estuary: Flathead have been outstanding even with the wet weather. One customer who fished all day Wednesday in the pouring rain came ashore at lunchtime, grabbed a pie and coke from the bakery next door plus six more packets of assorted Gulps and a can of Stimulate spray and went back out for more action. He reported that from 8am to 12.30pm he landed 19 legal flatties to 72cm. All fish were released after photos. His comment “I can’t seem to catch a small one” – looks good for the next few months. The early morning whiting haul continues with most getting a bag limit of 20 trumpeters each day. The odd report of nice sand around the high 30cm mark.
Jewfish to 31kg have been common in the main channel with 9'' Panther Martin soft baits or live pike the main weapons. This week I have heard of five jew being landed with John Davis successful last Saturday morning with a 31kg. Some juvenile hammerhead sharks have been sighted and caught along the breakwall.
Rock: A bit quiet but I did receive a report of some big blue groper last Sunday off the northern end of Boomerang Beach near Charlottes Head. Other than that only the odd tailor.
Offshore: Very little happening out to sea, except for some great snapper fishing. The spots I am told are along the reasonably shallow reefs with fish taking 7” nuclear chicken Gulps or 6” camo Grubs. A few kings down south near Seal Rocks although only small.
Beach: Whiting have been plentiful along the Town Beach. One can only think that this is because Tuncurry Beach at the moment is loaded with sandworms – grab those worm pliers and catch a few for bait. A few dart and some bream have been caught near Janies Corner on the top end of Seven Mile. A few odd tailor plus shovelnose sharks have started to appear.
Brad & Lisa Andrew,
Great Lakes Tackle
Shop 23, 29 Manning Street (Bi-Lo Plaza)
TUNCURRY NSW 2428
Phone/Fax: 02 6554 9541