Great Lakes Tackle
Shop 1, 1-9 Manning St (Cnr Kent St)
Tuncurry 2428
Ph 6554 9541
Tony Zann
Reporter

Weekly Report 15/4/11

Post by Tony Zann » Fri Apr 15, 2011 1:14 pm

Estuary: Still a good week in the lake with holidaymakers catching quality bream on 2” Gulp Minnows on 1/16oz heads or on unweighted mullet strips or bonito around the oyster racks. Reports of good mullet schools in Breckenridge Channel along with the last of the good plate size flathead being caught at the back of Godwin Island in the channel.
The Tuncurry Breakwall is providing many with the best mulloway fishing in years. Recreational divers have reported that the mulloway are on top of each other along the breakwall edges. I have had many reports over the last 7 days of fish being caught between 60-90 cm with some anglers landing over 12 fish in two hours. 7” Gulps with large heads seem to be the pick of the baits. Another report from the Forster Wall of a longtail tuna being caught on a plastic.
Rocks: Large jewfish down off Lighthouse along with a few reports of longtails off Charlottes Head. Quality drummer and large groper along most of the rocky shoreline down south of town.
Offshore: Still oversize bonito everywhere with this week’s best measuring 700mm! Reports of large pearl perch down around Seal Rocks. Trag common through the day and night, large flathead off The Barge. Good sized nannygai on the reefs along with medium reds.
Beach: Still plenty of tailor on all beaches. Soapie jew are among them after dark.
Brad & Lisa Andrew,
Great Lakes Tackle
Shop 23, 29 Manning Street (Bi-Lo Plaza)
TUNCURRY NSW 2428
Phone/Fax: 02 6554 9541

fishcrazy1

Re: Weekly Report 15/4/11

Post by fishcrazy1 » Tue Apr 19, 2011 12:59 pm

hi my name is jason and i am coming to tuncurry in june and am just wondering what fish i might expect to be able to catch of the beach/brakewalls? and in the lake/rivers any help would be great thank you

Tony Zann
Reporter

Re: Weekly Report 15/4/11

Post by Tony Zann » Thu Apr 21, 2011 4:41 pm

Bream, tailor, salmon, luderick from the beaches and breakwalls.
Bream, luderick and flathead in the lake.