Great Lakes Tackle
Shop 1, 1-9 Manning St (Cnr Kent St)
Tuncurry 2428
Ph 6554 9541
Tony Zann
Reporter

Weekly Report 6/5/11

Post by Tony Zann » Fri May 06, 2011 4:28 pm

Estuary: Get the gloves out, reports are starting to come in that the leatherjackets have arrived within the lake. The leases around The Paddock have provided anglers with good bag limits of nice jackets. The normal No 4 long-shank hook with a small split shot and a piece of green prawn is the choice of rig. Great eating!
The bream have made their way down to the main estuary ready to spawn so catching quality fish at the moment is far from hard. My informants tell me that 2” Gulps or bonito/striped tuna pieces are both working well. Both sides of the breakwall are still firing for those chasing mulloway. A large soft plastic or live bait will work.
Rock: With seas up around 3m I have no reports this week.
Offshore: Again, weather has kept my reporters on shore this week.
Beach: Still good reports of nice whiting. Seven Mile seems to fishing the best for these. The fish are in close, so a short cast will get you success. Tailor are still happy to chomp away on pilchards with some fish around 4kg caught this week up near the tip on Tuncurry Beach. Large salmon have been landed on Boomerang along with one good-sized mulloway caught on Wednesday night on a live mullet.
Brad & Lisa Andrew,
Great Lakes Tackle
Shop 23, 29 Manning Street (Bi-Lo Plaza)
TUNCURRY NSW 2428
Phone/Fax: 02 6554 9541