Great Lakes Tackle
Shop 1, 1-9 Manning St (Cnr Kent St)
Tuncurry 2428
Ph 6554 9541
Tony Zann
Reporter

Weekly Report 25/5/12

Post by Tony Zann » Fri May 25, 2012 4:46 pm

Estuary: A big week in the lake with a bream feeding frenzy taking place. Quality fish amongst the racks and on the southern end of the Breckenridge Channel are being landed en masse. One report I got (with photos) showed me that in a morning session on a run-up tide can land you 10 bream with the smallest measuring 29cm. Most fish were around 33-34cm. Blackfish are starting to run through with mixed feedback this week. Some days the boys have landed up to 10 fish each while other days they have gone home with empty bags.
Rocks: A few pigs have been caught during the day, while at night the shoreline along and up from Burgess Beach has resulted in good bream. The experts tell me that a sprinkle of berley will entice the fish but don’t overfeed them.
Offshore: Cobia are still on the bite with reports from the Co Op indicating that over 10 fish have been checked through this week. Plenty of flathead on The Barge, whilst Blackhead Reef is firing well for reds up to 2kg. The reds have been hitting 7” Gulps with banana prawn the most popular colour. The water is still up in the low to mid 20’s so get out there while the going is good.
Beach: Good Tailor are coming in with Seven Mile producing fish and plenty of them around 55cm. Diamond Beach at sunrise is fishing well for bream, while Tuncurry Beach has been inundated with dart. One group of visitors hit Tuncurry Beach on Thursday afternoon right at the breakwall and landed 6 legal flathead.
Brad & Lisa Andrew,
Great Lakes Tackle
Shop 23, 29 Manning Street (Bi-Lo Plaza)
TUNCURRY NSW 2428
Phone/Fax: 02 6554 9541