Great Lakes Tackle
Shop 1, 1-9 Manning St (Cnr Kent St)
Tuncurry 2428
Ph 6554 9541
Tony Zann
Reporter

weekly Report 19/4/13

Post by Tony Zann » Fri Apr 19, 2013 3:46 pm

Estuary: Wallis Lake is still firing well, as are the Wallamba and Wang Wauk rivers. Flathead are still with us although they are getting a little timid. Quality fish are still there on the run-out tide but if you venture up the rivers, your hook-up rate will increase. Back in the lake around the Paddock and along the shore near Barclays Oysters, big bream are being caught. Tuncurry Breakwall is fishing well for the bream hunters and I am told that a simple unweighted hook baited with some bread floated along the wall will get results. Friday morning one local landed seven bream over 30cm in 90 minutes using this method. Luderick are arriving in good numbers and are common at the Tuncurry Point wall. A few good fantail jackets have been caught among the racks.
Rock: Dave Seaman reports that most rock ledges are fishing well with good drummer in close. Bream will take you for a run and again will take bread or a peeled Hawkesbury prawn. A little berley will assist. Charlottes Head is still producing good catches with a few longtail tuna caught over the week.
Offshore: Trag are still around in big numbers and are around the 80m contour. My offshore spies tell me that 10m off the bottom is where the fish are active. Pearl perch down south are common with some anglers landing 3kg fish. Plenty of sand flathead around in the usual spots and a few small snapper on the reefs. Still a few small black marlin around 25-30kg taking skirts in close.
Beach: Tailor on Tuncurry Beach up near the tip with bag limits (20) easy to catch. Tuncurry Beach right along the breakwall is firing for jewfish with a couple of reports of 12 plus fish being landed a session. Blueys Beach down south is also faring well with good reports of bream and small jewfish.
Brad & Lisa Andrew,
Great Lakes Tackle
Shop 23, 29 Manning Street (Bi-Lo Plaza)
TUNCURRY NSW 2428
Phone/Fax: 02 6554 9541