Great Lakes Tackle
Shop 1, 1-9 Manning St (Cnr Kent St)
Tuncurry 2428
Ph 6554 9541
Tony Zann
Reporter

Weekly Report 9/8/13

Post by Tony Zann » Fri Aug 09, 2013 4:54 pm

Estuary: The past week has still seen some good catches from the lake and river system. I fished last weekend for a good bag of bream all around 30cm using unweighted Hawkesbury prawns. A continual light berley trail kept the fish interested. Surface lures also proved successful just on dusk. Blackfish are still plentiful along the breakwall and in the lake around most of the oyster racks. I have received numerous reports of 45cm-plus tailor taking metal spinners further south in the lake down near The Step. Some anglers are leaving the tailor biting! A few patchy reports of smaller jewfish on the Tuncurry wall at night.
Rock: A few good-sized Drummer are starting to get around the rocks with a good catch reported from Burgess Beach area. A good berley trail of bread will keep them active and, from what I am told, hang on! Large bream off Janies Corner on the rising tide. Blackfish are on most rocks and will take weed but a bit of cunjevoi will work as well.
Offshore: Much the same as the past few weeks. Plate-size snapper, flathead and leatherjackets are all there. A few guys down south have really got into the snapper using soft plastics, with 7” Gulp the clear winner.
Beach: The prize this week goes to a visiting angler who got among the bream on Tuncurry Beach last Monday afternoon. Run-in tide and the fish were thick with most around 30cm. A thumper 55cm took a pilchard and was landed after a good fight – great fish and well done! Good stocks of tailor are on all beaches plus a few salmon are moving along the gutters.
• Do you like what we do? Vote for us in AFTA Best Tackle Store in Australia Awards.
We made the national finals and are the only NSW store in our category!
http://www.afta.net.au/index.php/retail-awards-voting
Brad & Lisa Andrew,
Great Lakes Tackle
Shop 23, 29 Manning Street (Bi-Lo Plaza)
TUNCURRY NSW 2428
Phone/Fax: 02 6554 9541