Shop 1, 1-9 Manning St (Cnr Kent St)
Tuncurry 2428
Ph 6554 9541
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 29/05/14

Post by Nicole Penfold » Thu May 29, 2014 9:53 pm

Estuary
This week fishos have been queuing up in the shop with photos and reports of very good sized bream up around the 900gr – 1kg plus mark. Fish up to and over 40cm are common and have now started to gather in the lower areas of the lake ready to spawn. The leases and “The Paddock” are the areas to target within the Lake along with the end of both Breakwalls to pick up nice plump silver sea bream. Mixed reports on what to catch them on, but it seems to be a 50/50 on both baits and soft plastics this week. Those fishing with bait are successful on Mullet strips or Gut or Hawkesbury Prawns whilst those on the soft plastics are reporting that Zman 2” Greasy Prawn Shrimps are working well.

Another fair week of Jewfish being landed along both breakwall entrances. Fish from small indersize “soapies” in the 3kg mark up to good size monsters weighing 25kg are not un common caught on Live Baits. The normal run out tide is still the pick, however reports I have received also are indicating that the run in during the day is still fishing well. Blackfish along Tuncurry Point and along the Point Rd shoreline are thick and are biting on weed. However fish caught in the leases are taking cooked prawns. Leather Jackets are starting to thicken up right throughout the Lake.

Rock
A bit hit and miss this week. Normal haunts like Janies Corner,Burgess and One Mile are all holding fish. Tailor, Blackfish and Drummer are all being landed by most anglers. Some Tailor at Janies are hitting the scales at 5kg!

Offshore
Leather Jackets are plaguing up so get in and ger those wire rigs made up. Flathead in good size up to around the 50cm mark are plentiful. Out wide on the shelf keen fishos are landing good Bar Cod. Up north around Crowdy Head area I am told the Dolphin Fish are in big numbers.

Beach
Beach Fishing has improved this week with nice greenback Tailor starting to run the beach at both Nine Mile and Booti Booti. I also had a report that good size Whiting up to 40cm have been caught off Elizabeth beach using Beach worms. My Jewfish reporters fished Old Bar last weekend for a lot of undersize Jews all around the 65cm mark.

Great EOFY specials starting this weekend with buy a reel and get a rod free.

Brad & Lisa Andrew
Great Lakes Tackle & Camping – Tuncurry
Ph: 6554 9541
Locally family owned and operated for over 30 years