Shop 1, 1-9 Manning St (Cnr Kent St)
Tuncurry 2428
Ph 6554 9541
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 25/07/14

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Jul 25, 2014 2:09 pm

Estuary
The breakwall has certainly thinned out a lot over the last week with Jewfish, however the last few days I have received the odd report of some small “soapies” back along the wall. The successful anglers have gone back to using 9” Panther Martin Soft Lure as the pick. Blackfish are still in good numbers near the Fish Co op and along Point Road. Anglers chasing bream on lures have had great success, with Samaki Blades and small 2” Live Shrimp very popular. Once you get into them be ready for plenty of action. Chopper Tailor have schooled up off and on throughout the Lake and will chase metal spinners.

Rock
Rock fishing remains on fire, especially around Blackhead and Bennetts Head. I heard through the grapevine that cooked prawns were the choice of baits for those wanting to fight a good size Drummer or two. Last weekend’s ‘breeze’ and subsequent rough seas has certainly stirred up the food chain along the stones. Bream have migrated in good numbers along the rocks but don’t fish too heavy.

Offshore
It has been a bit quite offshore this week while everyone waits for the seas to abate. However later in the week has seen a few boats head out. Leather Jackets are still with us but sizes seem to be getting a little smaller than previously reported. Closer to Seal Rocks a few Pearlies have been caught along with a few Trag. With the seas starting to flattened out this should start to provide great fishing again.
Beach: The recent run of great beach fishing continues with Tailor still prominent along Seven Mile. The Salmon have started to arrive in big numbers with some reports of waves turning black with schools of fish in them. A few Jew have been caught up north so I would be trying my luck at either Old Bar Beach or Harrington Breakwall.

Brad & Lisa Andrew
Great Lakes Tackle & Camping – Tuncurry
Ph: 6554 9541
Locally family owned and operated for over 30 years