Great Lakes Tackle
Shop 1, 1-9 Manning St (Cnr Kent St)
Tuncurry 2428
Ph 6554 9541
subeditor
Admin

Report 5/2/15

Post by subeditor » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:37 pm

Estuary: Those that have braved the wet weather this week have come home damp but still smiling. The Lake is still putting on a show with still excess quantities of Flathead and Sand Whiting. I have had plenty of mixed reports of what’s catching what however most anglers are hitting the Flathead successfully on the Live Shrimp soft plastic lures whilst the Whiting are quite happy to munch on a Gulp 2” Worm in either Bloody or Natural colours or for the surface anglers you can’t go past a Sugapen 70 lure. For the Bait guys I am hearing that goods results are on either Mullet Strips or good quality Hawkesbury Prawns. Bream anglers are doing well working the oyster leases and have been working blades along the edges and over the racks at high tide. Blackfish are back schooling in the racks plus at the western end of Tern Island. The sailing club shore is working well on the run up tide for those wanting to chase Whiting on Poppers in the shallows. Mud Crabs and Blue Swimmer crabs are still in good numbers.
Rock: Very quite with hardly a report this week. Those that did tell me what was happening only landed a few bream and some smaller squire off the rocks near Back beach.
Offshore: Outside anglers have been tucked up in bed most days this week with inclement weather and now big seas. Last weekend I got reports of good Mowong and Reds caught off Blackhead whilst the charter guys reported that schools of Bonito are around plus plenty of big bluespotted Flathead everywhere.
Beach: No many updates on last week other than some good Sand Whiting have seem to ventured along most gutters this week on all beaches. The last of the holidaymakers got into them up off Diamond Beach with them reporting that some fish they landed were in excess of 42cm long. This trend has continued for a few days.

Brad & Lisa Andrew
Great Lakes Tackle – Tuncurry
Ph: 6554 9541
Locally family owned and operated for over 30 years !
2013 & 2014 AFTA Finalists - Australia’s Best Bait & Tackle Store

subeditor
Admin

Re: Report 5/2/15

Post by subeditor » Thu Feb 05, 2015 1:38 pm

***Please do not reply to this fishing report with a question, as the contributor does not monitor the bulletin boards. If you have a question, please contact the contributor directly on the contact details at the end of the report.***