Great Lakes Tackle
Shop 1, 1-9 Manning St (Cnr Kent St)
Tuncurry 2428
Ph 6554 9541
subeditor
Admin

Report 7/8/15

Post by subeditor » Fri Aug 07, 2015 2:39 pm

Estuary: Jewfish that were being caught along the breakwall have certainly thinned out alot over the last month however the last week or so I have received a few reports of some small fish being caught at night. Most fish however were undersize! Panther Martin Vivif soft plastics have been the pick of the lures. Blackfish numbers are in plague proportion and are being caught just about anywhere in the lake. Areas such as the breakwall, Tern Island and along the edge of Wallis Island are all producing quality fish. Fish up to 45cm are being pulled out of the lake. Bream have been a bit on edge over the last week or so with most fish being caught at night. Equally bait and lures are both working with surface poppers working well in the dark. Once you get onto the bream be ready for plenty of action I am told that the fish being caught are all good size and fight well. Try Atomic or Ecooda cubby style lures.
Rock: The drummer are still on the chew with Bennetts Head and McBrides Beach working well. Cooked Prawns or Cunjevoi as bait plus a good lot of bread burley gets them going. Tailor are in good numbers off Janies Corner along with a few bream.
Offshore: Plenty of action offshore with Snapper ranging from 2.5kg up to 6kg common. In close off Old Bar is working well floating baits along a burley trail. Closer to Forster Blackhead reef is fishing well with jackets, rock cod and Trag filling the fish box. Flathead around the 65cm mark are coming up two at a time on the gravel beds.
Beach: The recent run of great beach fishing continues with Tailor still thick along Seven Mile. Elizabeth Beach is producing a few nice Whiting early morning. Up north both Old Bar and Farquer beaches have had a few good Jew caught. I was told by a few Taree locals that Harrington Breakwall is also firing so try your luck....you just never know!

Brad & Lisa Andrew
Great Lakes Tackle – Tuncurry
Ph: 6554 9541
Locally family owned and operated for over 30 years !
2013, 2014 and now 2015 AFTA Finalists - Australia’s Best Bait & Tackle Store