Great Lakes Tackle
Shop 1, 1-9 Manning St (Cnr Kent St)
Tuncurry 2428
Ph 6554 9541
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 18/9/15

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Sep 18, 2015 12:30 pm

Estuary: The lake continues to remain clear which makes fishing quite challenging. Anglers ‘creeping’ around on Kayaks are having the most luck while approaching nice and quite making sure they do not spook the fish. The best of the bream fishing has been done by those that prefer bait at the moment with Whitebait, Mullet Gut and Hawkesbury Prawns my pick of the baits. Lure fishos chasing bream have reported that they are very slow to take a lure. However Flathead are jumping all over lures and continue to increase in numbers each day. A few guys last weekend visiting from the NSW Kayak assn. Really got amongst the Flathead with the best report I heard was 22 legal fish last Saturday for one angler. It was a complete catch and release meeting and there was plenty of fish caught.

Rock: A bit on the quite side but the reports I have received is that Blackfish and Drummer are still holding in good numbers and size.
Offshore: The best of the snapper are still being caught north up around Snapper Rock with the pick of the times being very early in the morning up until first light. Reds to 8kg have been reported and in most cases are caught on soft plastics. Down near The Graveyard a few guys got a good box full of Morwong on Tuesday before the wind picked up simply just using a cube of Pilchard for bait. The usual assorted reef rubbish like Rock cod etc are plentiful so that will round off the day for you.

Beach: Last weekend provided some good times for those that love sand on their feet. A great run of tailor on Seven Mile Beach most mornings with some very good fish amongst the catch. A few guys also managed to land some beautiful sea bream which are still quite fat after a good winter feed. The odd Mulloway report but really nothing to get excited about.

Brad & Lisa Andrew
Great Lakes Tackle – Tuncurry
Ph: 6554 9541
2013, 2014 and now 2015 AFTA Finalists - Australia’s Best Bait & Tackle Store
** This business is for sale**