Brad & Lisa Andrew
Great Lakes Tackle
Shop 1, 1-9 Manning St (Cnr Kent St)
Tuncurry 2428
Ph 6554 9541
Tony Zann

9/6/06 Weekly Report

Post by Tony Zann » Fri Jun 09, 2006 8:50 am

Offshore: No reports from out wide over the last week. In closer local pros are still working schools of bonito with one telling me he saw some big longtail tuna cutting through his berley trail. Small to medium snapper, some pearl perch and bloody leatherjackets make up the offerings from the reefs. Big tailor are coming from the wash around Cape Hawke and off Haydens Rock.
Beaches: Remain disappointing. Some tailor, and a few bream without friends have been caught. Tailor fishing remains best well after dark.
Rocks: Despite the occasional sighting of longtails by boaties, the stones have not produced any LBG action and you can assume the season is over. Bream, drummer and tailor are most definitely on offer.
Estuary: I've been hearing reports of giant tailor in bays and lakes down the coast and finally they have shown up here. The biggest tailor that I know of which has been caught in the lake was 4kg. After dark around the bridge on the Tuncurry side, people have reported tailor regularly to 60cm. A few big kings were hooked and lost earlier in the week off the Forster wall. Mulloway action has been steady with fish around 18kg most common. Young Pete got two this size in the last few days. He has been taking a leaf out of the SW Rocks book of mulloway fishing and has been using pike for bait. Some schools of travelling bream and blackfish came up the main channel over the last few days which might see what has been a slow season finally hit its straps. Resident bream well up the Wallamba River have provided the best of the lure fishing. Gulp products have worked extremely well but don't forget the hardbody lures.
Lloyd Campbell, Great Lakes Tackle 6554 9541