Great Lakes Tackle
Shop 1, 1-9 Manning St (Cnr Kent St)
Tuncurry 2428
Ph 6554 9541
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 29/7/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Jul 29, 2016 5:04 pm

Estuary: Even though the days are still fresh to start with, we have been spoilt with relatively nice conditions over the last week. The estuary is still fishing really well for Bream, Luderick and Tailor. The Bream have continued to fire, not around in huge numbers but they are making up for that in size. Local angler Chris has been fishing from his kayak up around Wallis Island and Lani’s using SAKU hardbodies and he was lucky enough to land his PB Bream of 41cm. There are also reports of big Tailor hanging about near the airstrip jetty, fish up to 50cm have been caught using small metals, SAMAKI Vibalicious soft vibes and hard bodies. The Luderick fishermen are finally beginning to see the big bronze bruisers that they wait all year to target. Synthetic weed flies are definitely doing the trick, local fisherman Roy has been all but out-fishing his mates on a weed fly, his tip is to make sure you keep the fly trimmed nice and short to maximise hook up rates.
Rock: Not much has changed in the reports coming from the stones. Those finding a bit of wash continue to score good numbers of Bream, Drummer and Luderick. Flicking an unweighted Pilchard or metal lure about the same areas is guaranteed to produce a few Tailor and throwing larger hardbodies or soft plastics may entice a Mulloway or two.

Offshore: The only reports I have received from offshore have been consistent. Almost every trip offshore is producing nice Snapper and a few Teragalin. A couple of local boys fished up north earlier in the week and reported seeing a Black Marlin, proof of just how clean and warm the water has been for this time of the year!
Beach: The beach fishing has picked up a little over the last week, 9 Mile Beach has finally begun to fire with catches of Tailor and school Mulloway. Celito and 7 Mile continue to fish well as well.

I had the pleasure of attending the Australian Fishing Trade Association’s show last weekend. As you can imagine I was blown away by the new and improved products about to hit the stores. To make room I have decided to run some cracking specials over this weekend including:
TONIC SUNGLASSES $200.00ea
ASST SOFT PLASTICS 6 for $40.00 (including Squidgies, Boom Baits, Z-man and Atomic)
Shimano Stradic HGFK 20% OFF!
20% OFF RAPALA XRAP Lures.
SAMAKI Rods 10% OFF.
10% OFF KNIVES.

Luke Austin
Great Lakes Tackle – Tuncurry
Ph: 02 6554 9541
2013, 2014 and 2015 AFTA Finalists - Australia’s Best Bait & Tackle Store