Great Lakes Tackle
Shop 1, 1-9 Manning St (Cnr Kent St)
Tuncurry 2428
Ph 6554 9541
Tony Zann
Reporter

16/6/06 Weekly Report

Post by Tony Zann » Fri Jun 16, 2006 9:21 am

Offshore: Just like last month, the full moon has brought with it some outstanding trag fishing. Reefs to our north around the area known as Elsies is the place to go. The game boats which worked out wide last Friday saw no action on striped marlin. In close, a surprising number of bonito are still around reefs and headlands. Small reds are in numbers, with the odd quality fish to be had.
Beaches: A couple of days ago the northern end of Nine Mile Beach produced big tailor which have since moved on. Old Ken tells me the beach up that way has little structure. Beach fishing remains hit and miss.
Rocks: A couple of spearfishos tell me that certain headlands are loaded with mulloway, with a 45kg monster taken last weekend. Bream and drummer are a feature at the moment. The best of the bream are still to our south.
Estuary: The big Tailor I mentioned in a previous report are still in the lake, but they rarely show up in the same place twice. More travelling bream have come in over the last week to provide some great bait and lure angling. Blackfish numbers have also improved. Leatherjackets are everywhere if you want to target something different.
Lloyd Campbell, Great Lakes Tackle 6554 9541