Great Lakes Tackle
Shop 1, 1-9 Manning St (Cnr Kent St)
Tuncurry 2428
Ph 6554 9541
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 2/9/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Sep 02, 2016 11:56 am

Estuary: Spring has sprung!!! As we wave goodbye to our jumpers and beanies we look forward to targeting the summer species in our estuaries. As I have reported over the past few weeks, the Flathead have been a prominent catch throughout winter. All the anglers that I know of that fished the lake this week were able to get some great catches of Flatties, local guru Ash caught four in a short session using Fish Candy Vibes. Scotty from Scotty’s Pet Barn in Forster spent Thursday on the water with his brother and dad and they had a ball chasing Flathead on plastics, securing a great feed for themselves. Whiting have also started to show themselves a bit more, fishing with baits of worms or yabbies has been the best option, there have been a few caught on surface lures during the week as well which is surprising for this time of the year. The Bream fishing continues to tick along, I haven’t heard of any standout fish this week but have had reports of good catches of fish up to 38cm. The Luderick are still about in good numbers for those wishing to float a bait.

Rock: Reports from the rocks have been few and far between this week. I have heard of a few nice Kingfish being taken from the ledges down south by fishermen throwing big stickbaits. For those up for a bit of a challenge there has been some great Luderick taken on the fly fishing gear off the rocks lately as well.

Offshore: Outside the Snapper fishing continues to fire. I have had reports from people fishing both in close and out wider this week and they have all found fish. One boat fished in 80m and scored a great bag of Snapper, Pearl Perch and a few huge Leatherjackets! They reported that while they caught a few Jackets they didn’t lose any gear to them which is nice to hear! On the other end of the spectrum a local fisho fished in close to Blackhead in under 20m of water and managed to score the fish of a lifetime! The huge fish was 87cm long and weighed over 10kg. The best part is the fish was taken on a good old Prawn! It was one of eight good sized fish, none of them being under 2kg! Reports from out wider are consistently saying that there’s just too much current out there to be able to fish it properly.

With Father’s Day coming up this weekend we have decided to run a few red hot specials in the store to celebrate:
➢ Samaki Boom Baits 5 packets for $40
➢ Buy and Rod and get 20% off an accompanying Reel.
➢ Shimano Stradic HGFK’s $210 ea
➢ 70mm Samaki Vebelicious 3 for $45
➢ 20% Off Tackle Bags, Tackle Boxes, Tackle Trays and the whole Book Range.
➢ Spend $100 on Lures and get $20 Off

Have a great weekend and Happy Father's Day to all the dads and granddads out there

Luke Austin
Great Lakes Tackle – Tuncurry
Ph: 02 6554 9541
2013, 2014 and 2015 AFTA Finalists - Australia’s Best Bait & Tackle Store

runabout

Re: Report 2/9/16

Post by runabout » Fri Sep 02, 2016 4:45 pm

No report on the beach again......likes to advertise

Greatlakes

Re: Report 2/9/16

Post by Greatlakes » Sat Sep 03, 2016 8:38 am

Hi runabout. Mate if i had some reports from the beach i would throw them up! The local beaches have been a real struggle since we had that mega east coast low. theres not bad fishing to the north and south but i just haven't had any good reports from the great lakes....... yes i do like to advertise where i can, it makes sense. you will also notice that i like to promote other local businesses where possible and applicable. I don't see any harm in that. If you would like to hear of the few sad reports coming from the local beaches feel free to give me a bell.
Cheers,
Luke.