Great Lakes Tackle
Shop 1, 1-9 Manning St (Cnr Kent St)
Tuncurry 2428
Ph 6554 9541
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 4/11/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Nov 04, 2016 4:45 pm

Estuary: Hello Summer! This weather has done wonders for the estuary fishing this week. The flathead fishing has been exceptionally good, there is still a lot of small fish in the mix but there have been plenty of fish in the 60+cm range taken. Z-man and Boom Bait soft plastics worked a treat for me yesterday as I was lucky enough to have a day out of the office and on the Lake! Trumpeter Whiting continue to fish well, they are fairly spread out though and a little bit of searching is needed to find the numbers. Their big cousins, the sand whiting, have really started to fire up which is music to the ears of the top water enthusiast. Berkley Scum Dog and Bassday Sugapens are absolutely the standout lures of choice, fish well into the 40+cm range have been taken all week! Bream are still about for those wishing to target them, this warm weather means fishing the weed beds and tops of oyster racks is a great option. For the ultimate thrill, walk an 80mm surface lure across the top of an oyster lease at high tide, once you see the bow waves of a big Bream zeroing in on your lure get ready to hold on and go hard!!!!

Rock: The rock fishing has been slow this week. The only reports I have had have been from a few dedicated Land Based Game fishermen. Bait has been hard to gather from the stones. There have been a few bream about but as far as live bait munching predators go things have been limited to sharks and rays.

Beaches: Beach worms have been the standout bait along our beaches this week. Locally caught frozen or freshly caught live worms have been producing some nice Whiting, Bream and Dart. There have also been a couple of nice School Mulloway taken on the northern end of 9 Mile. This weather is perfect for spending the day on the beach wetting a line.

Offshore: Sea conditions have varied a little over the past week. We have been lucky to score some fantastic days and a lot of boats have been taking full advantage of it. Snapper, Pearl Perch, Pigfish, Nannygai, Teragalin and Morwong have all been caught in decent numbers, and most boats have returned with a great esky full of fish.

I won’t be in over the weekend as I am getting married! Rob will be in the shop all weekend though and he is more than capable of helping you with all your fishing needs.

Enjoy this beautiful weather.
Happy Fishing!

Luke Austin.
Great Lakes Tackle – Tuncurry
Ph: 02 6554 9541
2013, 2014 and 2015 AFTA Finalists - Australia’s Best Bait & Tackle Store