570 Royal Esplanade
Manly QLD 4179
Ph: (07) 3393 3811
http://www.eastcoastmarina.com.au
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 10/4/17

Post by Nicole Penfold » Mon Apr 10, 2017 9:44 am

Finally Sunday was not a bad day to at least put the boat to good use and go out,for a look see,south westerly 15 plus was not much fun so north western side of green island where 10 other boats were hiding out of the wind as well ,usual 3 to 4 ft mark of the sand spit and was not disappointed with 12 really nice whiting so happy days for fish and chips tonight,the water was like chocolate milk on the western side and so went for a look after lunch on the eastern side as the wind swung around to the east south east around 10 the water was not much better so turned around and came home i think we will need to wait a few more days for the water to clear a little for the squid and schoolies.
Received a couple of great shots from a friend Euan a good sailor from east coast marina who has taken his lovely yacht up to Fraser Coast and heading north for the school holidays with the family and had set him up to paravane with spoons from the back of the yacht, he caught a couple of schoolies before leaving but i would think this is the best catch ever, up at Fraser Island.

5995865F-.jpg
IMG_1089.jpg

sperok
Reporter

Re: Report 10/4/17

Post by sperok » Tue Apr 11, 2017 8:27 am

Happy easter to all ,if the weather forcasts are anything to go on the fish in the bay better watch out as it looks like lots of boats are going out for a few days,looking at last couple of years reports the schoolies were getting pretty thick from huybers to hope banks all the way to the front of lazaret and on the other side of the bay at sharkspit and the sandhills ,and looking at the reports there were plenty of spottys down deep as well,the water clarity is improving every day and by the weekend it should be at its best i hope ,as the squid around green left as soon as the water went to mud,there are plenty of squid in the rainbow channel if you are chasing schoolies and spottys around the front of amity to the welsby .the whiting should be in good numbers as well depending where you will be but the two close areas of the small boat channel and the rous should have enough to keep us all happy,so we all should get a feed this easter, so hope everyone enjoys the bay and be careful out on the water as looking at all the boats beeing put in the water at eastcoast marina for the week the marinas should look pretty emty..

sperok
Reporter

Post by sperok » Fri Apr 14, 2017 6:10 pm

Plenty of whiting rous channel float out a pilly plenty of schoolies and spotties hitting whiting coming up.yellow fin tuna southern side hope banks .schoolies 8 mt depth eastern side st Helena and nice squire at lazaret this afternoon great day nice evening .sandhills tommorow.

sperok
Reporter

Post by sperok » Sun Apr 16, 2017 6:34 pm

What a bay we have and when the weather gods are good its a great part of the world to be in,the fishing in the past three days was fantastic what ever you wanted was there to catch ,the whiting were in excellent numbers and quality in the rous and if you wanted to put a live one out the school mackerel were playing the game we managed three just anchored up cleaning the whiting in 5 ft depth .
The schoolies as mentionned the other day are on a line from green to st helena in 23 to 28 ft of water we managed 4 today trolling back in the area,some nice schoolies as well at harrys artificial as well.and this afternoon on the southern side of the hope bank beacon as well.picked up a nice big yellowfin tuna as well.
the squid are in really good numbers at green island and the squire were waiting for us on friday afternoon,so all in all you could not miss catching a feed over the easter break and when you consider how many boat were on the water it did not bother the fishing.
the rain last week has really turned on the bay and the water has cleared as well so monday being the last of the 4 day break will be a good chance for a feed of fresh fish.
Attachments
IMG_0952_2145.jpg
IMG_0947_2147.jpg
IMG_0945_2156.jpg
IMG_0944_2155.jpg
IMG_0943_2154.jpg
IMG_0942_2153.jpg

sperok
Reporter

Post by sperok » Mon Apr 17, 2017 4:01 pm

The longweekend seemed to get better today and you could not have asked for great finish to the long week end,the whiting were thick again when you found them in the rous and the whiting master and the bomber dave cleaned up ,the school and a nice spotty on the way out on the northern side of the hope bank and the squid were thick again at green island the boys got inked a few times and it was catch and release time,the water is clearing everyday more and more so autumn winter months we should be having lots of fun with the fishing in the bay.
Attachments
IMG_0955_2159.jpg
IMG_0953_2157.jpg

sperok
Reporter

Post by sperok » Mon Apr 24, 2017 6:41 pm

Another nice day out in the bay calm conditions and plenty of fish .whiting in the rous at the second green,school mackerel just east of green island towards the hope bank beacon squid in big numbers at green(but a little timid today) but still caught plenty and the squire up to 65 cm were on the bite with the outgoing tide.
Attachments
IMG_0959_2163.JPG
IMG_0958_2162.JPG

sperok
Reporter

Post by sperok » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:02 pm

I would like to say thank you to all our serviceman and woman who have given us a free country to do what we want to do,if it was not for their bravery and sacrifice we too could be living like some middle eastern countrys,thank you..
and for that reason thousands of families were out in force on the bay on anzac day and what a day it was dead calm conditions with plenty of fish and squid for the dinner table.winds look like picking up over the next few days and with another public holiday looming lets hope the winds ease and everyone who can gets out on the bay for a fish or two.
the squid are everywhere at the momment from redland forshores all the way to wynum and the bay islands and all the weed banks in between ,mostly tiger but some arrows at rainbow channel and amity point.

sperok
Reporter

Post by sperok » Wed Apr 26, 2017 3:05 pm

bad news to hear about one of our local charter boats going over in the bar this morning hope all are ok ..and on there feet very quickly..

sperok
Reporter

Post by sperok » Wed May 03, 2017 6:57 am

Had a phonecall from a reader of the reports whos tells me lots of schoolies on the southern tip of green island 9 mt mark .
great few days on the water with light winds ,and plenty of fish ,a few days of windy conditions lets hope the winds ease end of the week.

sperok
Reporter

Post by sperok » Mon May 08, 2017 6:54 am

For those who ventured out on the week end and put up with the conditions wich were not too terrible were rewarded with some nice fish and a good friend of the site proved that the sandcrabs are still around in very good numbers seeing the photos he sent me,as mentioned i did not see any at my front porch.
Looks like a windy week lets hope the winds ease sooner then expected.
Attachments
image2.JPG
image2.JPG (30.88 KiB) Viewed 1206 times
image1.JPG
image1.JPG (51.19 KiB) Viewed 1206 times

Chu

Post by Chu » Mon May 08, 2017 8:07 pm

For those interested in casting for bay prawns, there were plenty of them around in the Pine river today. I was casting at Deepwater Bend this afternoon and got a good feed of about 8kg worth. Everyone I saw there, land based and out on the boats, was getting their fair share.

sperok
Reporter

Post by sperok » Thu May 11, 2017 2:09 pm

Thank you Chu hopefully everyone can get some prawns ,looking at past reports for this time of the year the calm days are not far away ,and the squid schoolies and squire and whiting ofcourse should get better and better so the week end is looking ok weather wise and as is next week hope to report on some good fish over the next week or so.

sperok
Reporter

Post by sperok » Mon May 15, 2017 3:08 pm

Realy nice day on the bay ,the fog this morning was unbelievable i had left my camera and phone behind but you could not see the leads from the rock wall at manly and from top of the hill you could just make out the harbour,i decided to take the boat for a spin and it was so nice stopped at green to see if the water was clean and if the squid were on the bite and yes to both the water with the last of the incomming was crystal clear and the squid were in good numbers a little scared close to the boat nearly all caught well and truly away from the boat.so off for the next few days to see where the whiting and school mackerel are .