10 Ernest St, Manly
Ph: (07) 3396 1833
www.watertowerbaitandtackle.com

Spero: sperok@ozemail.com.au
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 27/11/17

Post by Nicole Penfold » Mon Nov 27, 2017 3:30 pm

The winds sort of eased and we managed to get out for a fish. Good reports of extra large whiting at the sand hills and some nice schoolies also on the diving boards between shark spit the wreck and the two go slow yellows at the sand hills. Just remember to troll in the 18 to 30 ft depth. The 30 plus does not hold many schoolies and sometimes they are in the real shallows up to 12 to 14 ft.

The squire have been really good at green island, especially with the last couple of hours of the run out. Monday was no exception. Don't forget to put out a floating pillie under a float only 3 ft under as there were some lovely schoolies around again, as were those horrible sea toads.

I'm getting the old girl out this week for bottom clean and a outside paint job, so no fishing for a week. If you have any good reports you can email me on sperok@ozemail.com.au.

Finally, many thanks to all who emailed to tell me they enjoyed the school mackerel article in Fishing Monthly. It was lots of fun doing it and have had a couple of very happy fishermen who caught their first schoolies on a diving board and spoon.

IMG_1229.jpg
IMG_1232.jpg
IMG_1231.JPG
IMG_1228.JPG

Chu

Re: Report 27/11/17

Post by Chu » Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:55 am

Woke up early to a very calm morning and the sky did not seem as bad as what was forecasted. I decided to head out to my usual spot around Scarborough reef. What a morning! A lovely 45cm squire made the sweet sound of a reel screaming within 10 minutes of dropping in a small herring.

The signal to call it a morning was when a few drops of rain came down. About 2 hours of excitement saw me bag out on squires, 6 decent breams (the largest about 35cm) and a metre long gummy.

The surprising thing was that there was hardly any boats around the reef this morning. It maybe the reason why the fishing was so good.

sperok
Reporter

Post by sperok » Thu Dec 07, 2017 7:55 am

some lovely days on the water with good fish caught in the usual haunts,lots of small school mackerel at the sandhills from sharckspit all the way down and from all reports the whiting are a decent size ,the rain should get everything moving again and hopefully after the little cold snap and the big tides the spotties might decide to come in ,everything is pointing to the next week or so with smaller tides and warm weather ,lots of big schools of bonnito in front of the sandhills but no mackerel with them it wont be long.
the old girl has had her bottom cleaned and polished so back in the water if feels terrible not beeing fishing for a week and 2 days and 3 hours and 10 seconds but whos counting?

sperok
Reporter

Post by sperok » Thu Dec 14, 2017 3:24 pm

Great weather on th bay today whiting in the small boat channel again in big numbers but quality was hit and miss ,some drifts were small fish only but closer to the chain banksthe fish were of much bigger size, trolling back couple of small schoolie on the north western side of the hope banks but no keepers ,fished green with the last couple of hours of the outgoing tide with a couple of lovely sweetlip and a very nice size scoolie on a floating pillie.
the water temp has jumped up to 78 f so it should not be long for the first spotties to arrive going for a look see tommorow ,as there were thousands of bonito on the northern side of the chain banks today..and lotsof baitfish and turns.

sperok
Reporter

Post by sperok » Fri Dec 15, 2017 5:57 pm

Lots of schoolies in the drop of from the entrance to the small boat passage heading s /e with the incoming tide and lots between Harry's to the entrance of the rous with the outgoing tide .lots of 45 cm but some nice keepers as well.19 to 30 ft depth and lots of small ones at the sandhills not one over 50.and did not see any spotty action at all.today .