10 Ernest St, Manly
Ph: (07) 3396 1833
www.watertowerbaitandtackle.com

Spero: sperok@ozemail.com.au
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 14/5/18

Post by Nicole Penfold » Wed May 16, 2018 5:13 pm

The weather has changed and the cold mornings are no fun but thank heavens when the winds ease and the sun is up its quite warm,the school mackerel were hit and miss on Sunday but Monday they were so close in between green island and the hyubers light and they were good quality fish ,the squire were also hard to find on Sunday but Monday with the outgoing tide it was lots of fun a nice fish 65 and a 38 ,dropped one nice fish but that the fun of fishing near the coral at green.

The squid are as good as last year but you need to be there when they decide to go on the attack it seems to be the start of the outgoing tide picked up 8 tigers on Sunday and today was catching and releasing which was lots of fun,the cuttlefish and arrow squid are in the deeper water out from wello point and out of huybers and green in around 27 ft depth, jigs just of the bottom drifting will pick you up enough to keep you happy. Remember that the cuttlefish ink is really strong compared to the squid.

IMG_1481.JPG
IMG_1468.JPG
IMG_1465.JPG

sperok
Reporter

Re: Report 14/5/18

Post by sperok » Fri May 18, 2018 3:17 pm

Looks like some great weather comming up so enjoy the calm conditions.plenty of schoolies still about i would be trolling from well inside the hyubers to the hope banks and all the way to peel around the two greens ,plenty out there today,the squid were not thick at green but they were there if you put the time in ,they were in a little deeper water today as the shallow the water was a little murky but in the 6 ft mark quite clean and there were some big buggers.

sperok
Reporter

Post by sperok » Sat May 19, 2018 6:13 pm

Well as mentioned yesterday saturday was glorious weather as soon as the south westerly stopped it was like a summers day.the school mackerel are really on the bite from close in betwenn green and king and all the way north east of the hyubers light and today they were also thick at the same area they showed up last year where the rous meets the small boat channel ,and had a couple of reports they are in good numbers at sharkspit,the whiting were fantastic at amity banks and it was great to see a reader of the column there with his son cattching plenty ,mathew and rory ,so a great day on the bay with my best mate the whiting master and a friend from victoria leon corstens (horse trainer) who also had a winner on the coast lots of fun on the boat today,tommorow sunday is going to be a sad day where our old friend kenny burkit will have his ashes scattered at sea.fitiing he played on my boat when he was a young teen and we fished the bay together for many many years ..but happy to remmeber him as a very good friend.rip my friend.
Attachments
IMG_1484.jpg
IMG_1483.jpg
IMG_1482.jpg

sperok
Reporter

Post by sperok » Mon May 21, 2018 12:09 pm

Lots of school mackerel just before the hope banks today .p
Attachments
229_IMG_20180521_085408.jpg
IMG_20180519_112647.jpg
IMG_20180519_084659.jpg
IMG_20180519_084441.jpg
IMG_1488.jpg

sperok
Reporter

Post by sperok » Tue May 22, 2018 5:41 pm

Wow is all i can say to the schoolie season it has gone off with a massive bang ,have not seen it this good for a few years and really it has been great but this week is unbelievable ,took some mates out today and the whiting master and they had a ball the shoolies on the way out from the hyubers to the hope banks were big fish and so 5 was a great start ,the boys wanted to catch some whiting so off we went towards the first green just before amity banks and all hell broke loose went over an old two marks and it was like they were swimming with there mouths open 15 in the boat in an hour and another 15 to 20 catch and release,..
The whiting were really slow till the tide change at amity banks but then the boys had a ball till i told them a bucket was enough for all .stopped at green to fillet and a few squid around but the whiting master did not have his squid master shirt on so he caught NONE...glad ben who was next to us caught a few..great day on the bay
Attachments
IMG_1512.jpg
IMG_1511.jpg
IMG_1510.jpg