10 Ernest St, Manly
Ph: (07) 3396 1833
www.watertowerbaitandtackle.com

Spero: sperok@ozemail.com.au
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 24 Jan 13

Post by Brad » Thu Jan 24, 2013 6:50 pm

What a wonderful time on the bay when the weather is like this, gentle n/e to s/e glassy nights with a gentle roll on the western side of Moreton Island to put two old friends to sleep after spaghetti and meatballs (pre cooked by the Mrs. the day before)and a glass of good red ...oh yeh the fishing was fantastic as well. The whiting are thick (not a great size) from the large sand hill all the way to Lucinda bay ,the schoolies are also in Lucinda bay (best on the run in tide) and caught some lovely arrow squid at night at the back of the boat (salivating squid ink pasta tonight with a hint of chili). Still no sign on this side of the bay for spottys, never saw a turn, or bait or even any sign of movement on the surface , I am sure they will be back up and feeding soon..have a question to anyone that can explain what is happening to my crab pots the last couple of times, put in some lovely mackerel frames, came back to see the pots the bait is all gone the spring bait holder is opened and the pots have been moved about half a mile to 4 to 6 foot mark, I am guessing could it be turtles?? if anybody knows please let me know.
Good fishing
Spero

rosco1974

Re: Weekly Report 24 Jan 13

Post by rosco1974 » Sat Jan 26, 2013 1:01 am

spero,its rosco here mate shano's mate in the 2400 kc,the spotts are just infront of the south passage bar in the shingles...this rain will bring the muddies on big time though the boat passage and out the front of the brissy river...the logan on the flood tides is producing 3 -5 keeper muddies a pot well up the river past the highway for a tide change...offshore moreton its been a bit quiet with the 35 fathom reef fishing well when the current allows but no big snapps but good pan sized fish...
cheers rosco
p.s will try and give a weekly update on whats biting around the traps where i am fishing/ crabbing