10 Ernest St, Manly
Ph: (07) 3396 1833
www.watertowerbaitandtackle.com

Spero: sperok@ozemail.com.au
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 19 Mar 13

Post by Brad » Tue Mar 19, 2013 6:10 pm

Well it finally came two good days on the bay. We decided to fish lazarete gutter on Saturday night for some squire, and it was one of the better nights we have had. One nice fish around the 8lb mark and bagged out on the rest 2 to 3lbs each, and it was over by 6 30 pm. We only used whiting heads on a 5.0 red snapper hook and very light lead pee size on the hook in 20 to 22 foot of water about 500 yards into the lazarete from the hanlon light, outgoing tide has been the most successful and burly with the rest of the whiting bodies.. dinner was some nice big sandies from our friendly crabber for dinner (overcooked a fraction by my best freind ron)..Sunday morning was a glorious day decided we needed to take home some whiting back to the families so went to the small boat passage next to the rous and plenty of nice size whiting for all, we managed our bucketful clean and filleted and went home very satisfied fisherman ..cant wait for the snapper fillet in tempura and chips for dinner.. let hope this blow does not last long and we are back enjoying Morton bay and cathing a nice feed of fresh fish.
Good fishing
Spero
ps not a tuna /mackerel on the surface on both days I hope my friend the pro fisherman is wrong when he tells me the spotties aren't coming in this year..