10 Ernest St, Manly
Ph: (07) 3396 1833
www.watertowerbaitandtackle.com

Spero: sperok@ozemail.com.au
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 19 Apr 13

Post by Brad » Fri Apr 19, 2013 8:07 pm

Hi to you all, what a great weeks fishing! The weather turned out pretty good apart from the storms on Tuesday night. A couple of friends Brian and Ron and I decided to hit the whiting on Monday and Tuesday and we cleaned up. Not many in numbers but good quality and we had some good laughs. We came back on Wednesday and went out again Thursday and today took with me a great young man Tom, our neighbor who I took fishing last time when he was 12 for spotty mackerel and he still remembers it even now at thirty plus. Working on a hunch, we went and fished where a heard of dugong were feeding and we cleaned up..theory is as they pull the weed out they disturb the sand and the whiting pick up all the little worms and mollusks that get disturbed; its worked most times but not always. Then we were of to fish the lazarett even with the wind against the tide managed one nice snapper and 5 others around the 38 to 40 cm mark. We went and looked for mackerel all day Friday but no luck at all; did not see any bait or birds working ..but a great week overall.
Good fishing
Spero

Jags

new need help

Post by Jags » Fri Apr 19, 2013 11:11 pm

sorry to post here but how do I start a new post topic on weed in tweed heads

fishingmonthly
Admin

Re: Weekly Report 19 Apr 13

Post by fishingmonthly » Mon Apr 22, 2013 9:50 am

Hello Jags,

You can not start new topics on these boards, you can however reply and post follow up reports.

Cheers
Webmaster

Gotcha

Post by Gotcha » Fri May 17, 2013 5:01 pm

Hey I'm new to this fishing site how do I make a post ????
where do I go to do it ???

Des11

Post by Des11 » Mon May 27, 2013 11:42 am

Little help would be appericated.

I brought my first boat around 2 years ago, a 5.5 meter half cab glass old mustang. I have since than spent way to much money on fuel, bait etc than fish taken home. Itis becomming very frustrating, not only for myself but wife and kids when we go out and all we can seem to attract is fish just under the legal limit. I have even spent several cold nights in an attempt to land something bigger and all that I have hooked is sharks.

I have spent many hours both day and night differing tides at lazarett and everthing is just under size or has to many teeth. I have resorted to taking the family around to Horseshoe bay for a swim and play on the sand, and this is where I'm doing the best with Whiting and Bream taking bait keeping the kids keen.

Any advice on how to go out into the bay have a bit of fun and return with a feed would be greatly appericated.

Des