Ph: (07) 3396 1833
www.watertowerbaitandtackle.com

Spero: sperok@ozemail.com.au
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 28 Apr 13 + UPDATE 1 May

Post by Brad » Sun Apr 28, 2013 6:35 pm

hi all,
Sad two very good days catching our favorite two eating fish in the bay whiting and squire. They were very plentiful again. Small ships gutter was again hot and cold but when you found them they were thick especially with the run out tide. We went straight over to the lazarett gutter for squire as the low tide was at 4.30 pm a little earlier then I like but we caught 8 lovely fish all around the 45 to 50 cm mark. I tried something new as bait, cuttlefish heads, which worked very well as we managed two nice sweetlip around the 40 cm mark. The weather was nice overnight with the SW wind in the early morning and we had a wonderful breakfast of bacon and eggs and arrived home about lunchtime. We did some trawling on way back around feeding bonitos but no macks. The tides and wind are perfect for the lazzarete with south/east winds and out going tides so try and get there ,the squire are thick... a few hundred yards into the lazzarete after passing the hanlon light 18 to 20 feet of water.
Good fishing.
Spero
Photo: Spero (Reporter) with two pan sized snapper
UPDATE 1 MAY13
Good friend rang me last night to tell me he caught a nice 80cm grey mackerel paravaning at the Harrys Artificial reef. The grey and big spotties and schoolies were in the bay last year this time.. north of the lazzrette gutter for about 4 weeks before they were decimated by a couple of netters. It might be worth a pilly or two drfting past the reef and maybe also a look north of the reef in the spoiled ground area, around the 30 foot mark just of the banks at the rouse channel.
Attachments
250413_IMG_1180.jpg
Spero