10 Ernest St, Manly
Ph: (07) 3396 1833
www.watertowerbaitandtackle.com

Spero: sperok@ozemail.com.au
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 22 May 13

Post by Brad » Wed May 22, 2013 2:16 pm

Hello to you all, finally a couple of wonderful winter days on the bay s/w in the morning and variable winds in the afternoon and evening. We headed of to our favorite whiting patch in the little ship passage next to the rouse around eleven o'clock with by best mate the whiting master and our other good mate the bomber pilot. Things looked pretty grim and with the last of the outgoing
tide 2 whiting in half an hour not good...but perseverance pays off. The tide turned and they came on the chew like they had never eaten especially the north bank of the channel we decided it was time for a decision on what snapper ground we would fish for the afternoon and evening.

Lazzarete was out as it was an incoming tide, so we decided to fish Harrys Artificial, anchored up and the first other boat to come decided to drop anchor at the back of or boat where our lines would be, so up came the anchor and we motored at a steady 7 knots over to mud, we had not fished mud for a long time so followed some advice over the years and went a little deeper than normal to the east off a line between the two drums of the sunken reef. A couple of other boats were there so we started a steady burly trail of our whiting bodies and we put out our lines without sinkers on the last of the incomming tide, and bang we had the best couple of hours for a long time. I don't normally send photos through but I get sick and tired of people saying that there is no fish in the bay. It looks like a very good snapper season. I hope this helps you to get some..and if you happen to catch some pike while fishing for whiting use them for the snapper, they love them..
Good fishing
Spero
Attachments
S2.jpg
Spero.jpg
Spero 1.jpg