10 Ernest St, Manly
Ph: (07) 3396 1833
www.watertowerbaitandtackle.com

Spero: sperok@ozemail.com.au
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 23 Jul 13

Post by Brad » Tue Jul 23, 2013 8:31 am

Hi all, on a plane back home tomorrow I see the weather has not been the best in Moreton Bay ....well the weather finally cleared in Calgary and what a day we had on the famous BOW RIVER known as one of the best fly fishing spots in the world; well they call it fly fishing, I don't know if I agree..using a float with a pretend worm and a fly dragging on the bottom is fly fishing or stripping a feather blob imitating a wounded something is fly fishing then I am a monkeys uncle. Fly fishing should be what the name says "fly fishing" with a floating fly, any way I am sure some will disagree.. back to the great day went out with a very good friend Bret
Walters a very good fisherman(he says so) who has requested he writes something on this report which I will include at the end.as you have gathered I spin fish with little Cleo spoons and rapala minnows which catch hundreds of fish ..and it started as soon as we put the boat and started our float a lovely big brown,the day got better and the fish got bigger and after over thirty fish we got home happy as can be..cant wait to do again next year..I have attached a few photos ....take care and next report will be from our wonderful Morton bay...here is the report from Bret as he saw it ,,,,mmmmmm believe what you want.

Outstanding day on the Bow River, caught lots of fish. Expert rower and fisherman Bret Walters (that's me), put Spero on the fish all the time it making it easy, anyone could have caught them (even Spero). When it was a little slow I would row over a fish, net it and hook it on his lure and throw it back in so he could have a bit of sport and make Spero think he caught another one, even the 26" brown which I failed to see right on shore.but I have to admit I tried to catch a fish with my fly gear but had to succumb in using speros spinning gear to finally catch a fish...that's
all..
Good fishing all
Spero
Attachments
P1030087.JPG
P1030083.JPG
P1030080.JPG

stucoo

Re: Weekly Report 23 Jul 13

Post by stucoo » Tue Jul 23, 2013 9:14 am

good to see you had aball in calgary,BUT,if you want to catch monster rainbow and brown trout on proper fly tacklego to NZ and fish the rivers and lakes around Twizel,in particularthe lower tekapo river where it flows into lake Benmore in the south island.i worked in twizel in the late 70s and caught trout to 12 pound reguarlly,my 2 sons also caught monster trout also.

sperok
Reporter

Post by sperok » Tue Jul 23, 2013 1:09 pm

thanks stucoo
we are going to calgary next year thru new zealand might have to stop for a day or two
good fishing
spero

sperok
Reporter

Post by sperok » Tue Aug 06, 2013 6:53 am

hi everyone back in Brisbane town and reports are thick and fast .school mackerel are thick around the go slow beacons at shark spit and Lucinda bay and broad and school mackerel rainbow channel and rous channel past mt cotton reach and past the three reds and good reports also advising nice fish coming from the area between lazzarete and dialba passage entrance ..
the old boat has been freshened up and looks a million dollars so we will be testing out the report ourselves Tuesday Wednesday this comming week...
good fishing
spero