10 Ernest St, Manly
Ph: (07) 3396 1833
www.watertowerbaitandtackle.com

Spero: sperok@ozemail.com.au
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 6 Aug 13

Post by Brad » Tue Aug 06, 2013 7:15 pm

Hi all, great day today the weather could not have been better, light westerly in the morning and no wind at lunchtime and a little north easterly in the afternoon. So we went to our favourite whiting hole t the start of the small ship channel and having not fished for 5 weeks my wife and best friend the whiting master cleaned up. The fish were so big my little fat fingers could not get around there heads and I realized we live in the best part of the world with an abutment of the best eating fish at our door step, so get there and catch some. Blood worms and prawns worked really well and get your hook of the bottom at least 4 to 5 inches up from the sinker as there is plenty of the horrible slimy weed on the bottom. We are heading out for some mackerel Wednesday..
God fishing
Spero

sperok
Reporter

Re: Weekly Report 6 Aug 13

Post by sperok » Fri Aug 09, 2013 3:31 pm

great night for snapper as is the weekend with lovely low tides on dusk we will be out for the whole weekend trying to snag a couple ...mud and wellinton point and dont forget the lazaret gutter and green island will be the places to be ,whole whiting is the go live even better but if you are like me fillet them first and use only the heads and bodies for burley...dont forget to drag a couple of spoons for schoolies ..also i keep being told theres lots of squid in the bay but fishing for whiting two days in a row never saw one ,will check at night around peel this week and see.....have a great week ends fishing,
spero

sperok
Reporter

Post by sperok » Sun Aug 11, 2013 4:16 pm

sunday afternoon we just got back from one of the most glorious week ends on the water,winter what winter ?? i have to say the whiting were thick at the rous there were 4o boats there at one time and they were very good but not as thick at the small boat passage,i must stress to all get your hooks of the bottom ....the two nights of snapper fishing was a non event did not get a dissent strike at the lazzaret ,normally i have always found the low tide there works best so i dont know the reason why they were not there,it means we have to go fishing and try again..squid had only one come up to the light on sat night and caught a nice one one and half pound tiger squid at the small ships club and guess who had to clean the black ink of the newly painted boat (wife not very happy) but she will enjoy the blackink pasta on monday night...we trolled for schoolies front of the lazzaret and all around the area and did not see any at all so maybe they have moved around ..
good fishing
spero

sperok
Reporter

Post by sperok » Thu Aug 15, 2013 11:14 am

hi all great day out on wensday just passed 4 mates went whiting fishing ,straight over to the rouse amazingly thousands of whiting on the week end not a single fish on wensday so of we went to the small ship chanel not thick but managed 70 nice whiting for a couple of hours the whiting master (birthday this friday big 70) and doctor spot did really well bomber bill started ok but quitened down at the end and i tried catching a squid all day and did not see one...will be off for a couple of weeks visiting hospital to become a thin person, but will pass on any real info i get .good fishing spero