10 Ernest St, Manly
Ph: (07) 3396 1833
www.watertowerbaitandtackle.com

Spero: sperok@ozemail.com.au
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 17 Oct 13

Post by Brad » Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:52 pm

The weather has not been to kind but we managed a couple of days out overnight Tuesday and today. My wife an I decided to head over to the sand hills as it was a great day on Tuesday plenty of whiting on the go at the slow yellow beacon in front of the big sand hill, 3 to 4 boats all were catching plenty of whiting not the same quality as the Rous but they all taste the same as I always say. We decided to troll for some schoolies with the incoming tide but we had no luck, not even a hit but a friend Shane was trolling back towards the go slow yellow in about 24 foot of water managed a few. I think the dirty water and the constant days of blowing has put them of the chew, but a few are still there..we stayed behind green overnight and at night put the light on for a few squid ,a couple of small arrows turned up as a nice size tiger.put my trusty two crab pots and managed 3 undersize ones (I hate crabbing). I love buying a few from the pro crabbers as they know what they are doing. So we will patiently wait for another couple of nice days to try again..good fishing Spero

sperok
Reporter

Re: Weekly Report 17 Oct 13

Post by sperok » Sat Oct 19, 2013 5:28 pm

well the next 2 to 3 days look pretty good weather wise according to the weathermen,we are heading of to the sandhills for some whiting and to chase some schoolies and a few squid at night along the western side of moreton between the two go slow yellow boys,with the easterly winds predicted it should be a couple of good nights to put the spotlight on and see how many squid come up, (would not mind some squid ink pasta for dinner) good fishing spero

sperok
Reporter

Re: Weekly Report 17 Oct 13

Post by sperok » Tue Oct 22, 2013 9:33 am

great couple of days in the bay weather was fantastic the n/e were blowing every afternoon around 15 knots but beeing on the western side of moreton it was lovely kept the damn sand flies away..fishing was good the whiting were thick and better quality this time ,my wife cleaned up and we only fished a couple of hours around the yellow go slow beacon at the sand hills(obviously some boaties and jetskis must think you only go slow around the beacon not on the inside all the way to the beach) we put out the paravains just wide of the go slow beacon and we were rewarded with a double hook up of two nice schoolies ,another half hour and not another touch,gave up and went into the beach to try my crabbing skills they have not improved at least caught two of size and a turtle took my crab pot to the shallows about half a mile away..next day decided on a few more whiting for my friend and a troll ,we managed another two nice shoolies ..fished for some squid but nothing turned up so a good trip ..hopefully a couple of days of wind and back to some nice weather.a couple of prommising sighns for the spotties the water temp is around 72 degrees need it around 74 to 76) and the coral spawn is in the bay and the mutton birds have turned up so we now have to waite for the spotties, the big females should be in soon i hope...good fishing spero