10 Ernest St, Manly
Ph: (07) 3396 1833
www.watertowerbaitandtackle.com

Spero: sperok@ozemail.com.au
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 2 Jan 14

Post by Brad » Thu Jan 02, 2014 1:54 pm

Well, did not manage to get out this week end as expected a little disappointing as my doctor(who made me not able to eat again); but thin and good-looking and his two boys were going to come out for a fish but sometimes xmas and birthdays have to take centre stage, at least its only once a year. I have not managed to confirm the spotties so can only go by 2nd hand reports. Interesting I looked at the report on the 19th of December last year and the same report spotties on the front of Tangalooma. I hope it does not go to pattern where the weather turned nasty and they leave the bay. I think they will stay this year the water temp is much better. So to all merry xmas and a happy and healthy new year and good fishing for the end of 2013 and the whole of 2014. Hope to see you all out there catching fish, Spero.
sperok@ozemail.com.au

sperok
Reporter

Re: Weekly Report 2 Jan 14

Post by sperok » Sun Jan 05, 2014 6:42 am

most of us look at seabreeze to plan our fishing trips ,so i get pretty angry when they dont update a little quicker ..eg they have been showing that there will hardly be a breeze(less then 10 knots) for today sunday the 5 th yet the bom site has been saying 20 knots.and as i look at the two wind markers in the bay that interest me one is showing 21 knots and the other 24 knots and yet sea breeze is still showing winds less then 10 knots..
so i will pass on a story i read many years ago..a fisherman asked a well known fisherman in a magazine with what sort of forcast should he listen to before going fishing? the answer was get up in the morning hitch your boat on go down to the ramp put your boat in once you are out of the harbour if its windy come home if not go fishing ,they did not believe much of the forcasting either back 30 years ago.
so what do we do ?we can only go by what we are told weather wise and wind wise by the experts i just wish they were a little closer to the mark sometimes..

sperok
Reporter

Post by sperok » Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:53 am

well i have had enough of these s/e every day and for the first time i miss the old cat that could do 80 klm an hour to pop out and catch some spotties and come home . but not be be! need to waite as the new old girl does 8 knots so just cant pop out for a couple of hours and come home..the good news is the spotties are around in the old greasy hole n/w of mud and in the channels towards bribie island..even an old mate luke got some ..i have been told.(but did not tell me and i did not see a fillet or two either).8 am was the best time for them on sunday which means around high tide or last of the incomming...on the whiting front still lots in the rous and small ships channel..and ofcourse the schoolies are still around at the sandhills ..so as soon as this bloody winds stops i am out there..good fishing spero

sperok
Reporter

Post by sperok » Fri Jan 17, 2014 12:12 pm

hopefully the weather gods are correct for sunday and tuesday wensday..so we will be off to catch some tiger squid up towards the weed banks at curtin reef as i have recieved and have a bag of squid delivered today (which will make black ink squid pasta tomorrow,,yumm) so we know for sure they are there..also the whiting are still being caught at the small ships and entrance to rouse as a couple of friends went out yesterday (yes blowing 17) and caught some,i am also hoping that the spotties as in the past have swum into the breeze (beeing a s/e ) and have moved further into the bay .i would start looking for them east of mud 53 ft of water towards the sandhills and just north of the artificial reef in the area called the spoiled ground ....
good fishing
spero

sperok
Reporter

Post by sperok » Sun Jan 19, 2014 2:58 pm

3pm sunday afternoon n/e is up and so are the spotties 40 ft depth north of mud about 3kl of mud, did not come up till the tide change and the n/e started blowing , big schools so looks like a good year water temp is perfect for them...nice tiger squid at the pelican banks this morning as well,will do it all again tommorow..good fishing spero

sperok
Reporter

Post by sperok » Wed Jan 22, 2014 6:54 pm

i dont really like to talk about the weather and the sites most of us look at to plan our day and week..but i have to take exception to seebreeze , as i speak there has been a strong wind warning for tommorow since early today from the BOM site winds this afternoon have reached 20 knots at bannana banks and yet seebreeze is showing under 10 again for today and under 10 tommorow..i have written to them many times to explain that they need to update there site it is becomming a joke, as are the green and red arrows which once had respectability..so this is the last time i bring this subject up but on the last few weeks performances be careful and dont make unbreakable plans to go fishing ,so like the old road rules look left look right look left again look at all the charts you can and all the wind buoys before you go...good luck spero