10 Ernest St, Manly
Ph: (07) 3396 1833
www.watertowerbaitandtackle.com

Spero: sperok@ozemail.com.au
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 21 Mar 14

Post by Brad » Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:46 am

Two very good days on the bay friday and Saturday. A little choppy on Friday so my wife and i decided to go to the lazzarete for the afternoon seeing it was s/e and run out tide..well it did not take long had 4 lovely squire in the boat in half an hour all around the 40 cm mark dropped a nice fish around the 60 and was not happy, filled the tank with water and all we did was upgrade all afternoon ended up with 8 lovely fish filleted and had one for dinner. I had a couple of bites my better half ate the rest..(after dropping 55 kilos since August I cant eat much) but love to cook.

Got up saturday morning and a great looking day hardly a breeze a little s/w so of we went to catch some whiting and squid at the second yellow in the Rous. The whiting were not thick but we managed around 30 and 4 lovely tiger squid..(its 6.30 pm and just finished black ink squid pasta...yummmm)..all cleaned up by lunch and decided to go and look for some mackerel, NOTHING not a bird in the sky no bait to be seen,the water temp has dropped and they dont like these big tides i think tuesday might be a better day for them..i hope they have not left yet..
So good fishing Spero

UPDATE
A nice day for a fish on Tuesday,tides were perfect for the Lazzarete, and here is a nice fish, we were going to stay overnight but bagged out and came home. I also heard they were bagging out on school mackerel in front of the Lazzarete but did not get a chance to troll. Have heard nothing re spotties last couple of weeks so I am hoping they are still in the bay.
Attachments
IMG_1918.jpg

sperok
Reporter

Re: Weekly Report 21 Mar 14

Post by sperok » Sun Mar 23, 2014 1:50 pm

sunday afternoon ...just to let everyone know the long tail tuna are thick and are really on the chew from wide of green to the hope bank beacon..and at the black beacon (green) just west of the lazarete if you put in a paravain the broad mackerel are thick and there are spaniards in with them...good fishing spero

sperok
Reporter

Re: Weekly Report 21 Mar 14

Post by sperok » Mon Mar 24, 2014 8:21 am

hi jase i hope you can get out there for some long tail action as they were eating the slugs like you would not believe on saturday and sunday .. spero