10 Ernest St, Manly
Ph: (07) 3396 1833
www.watertowerbaitandtackle.com

Spero: sperok@ozemail.com.au
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 17/06/14

Post by Nicole Penfold » Tue Jun 17, 2014 9:38 pm

Another nice week on the bay with some nice fishing days in between the s/e . The mackerel are still around the last reds in the rous, the whiting are thick around the first yellow in the small ship passage and the squid are still around the entrance to fishermans gutter and the last green in the rous. The squire were not great at the lazzarete but as you can see from the photo there were some really nice snapper at green, with the half outgoing tide.

I am off for a few weeks to the Calgary stampede and to do some serious rainbow and brown trout action on the famous bow river. I will send through a few reports and will keep you up to date on Moreton Bay with a couple of good friends keeping me informed.

I received a great email from one of our readers who caught his first mackerel in Brisbane after coming down from up north. Now that he has caught some it will just get better.

Good fishing, Spero.
Attachments
IMG_0138_1141.jpg

sperok
Reporter

Re: Weekly Report 17/06/14

Post by sperok » Sun Jun 29, 2014 8:18 am

well i am in downtown calgary waiting for the bow river to stop flowing fast so i can get out and have a fish,thank heavens there is no floods this year.i will be visiting the bass pro shop tommorow which is something that all fisherman i hope get to see in their lifetime,i have not seen anything like it ,its like one of our tackle stores but 100 times bigger(people allow between 1 to 2 hours to see the whole store) and the prices are unbelievable compared to the prices back home ..pity you can only bring back only a couple of rods and reels..
on the home front my spies tell me its cold which is verry funny as the temps here are the same and its summer,the schoolies are on and off in the rainbow and at the last reds in the rous and some good snapper on the eastern side of green on the outgoing tide,but lots of small fish as well.so good fishing when the wind stops blowing spero