10 Ernest St, Manly
Ph: (07) 3396 1833
www.watertowerbaitandtackle.com

Spero: sperok@ozemail.com.au
subeditor
Admin

Report 18/12/14

Post by subeditor » Thu Dec 18, 2014 1:49 pm

Firstly, let me say a Merry Christmas and a happy New year, and I wish good fishing in 2015 to all. It's been lots of fun letting everyone know where there has been a few fish and thankyou to the hundreds who have sent emails of support.

Now for some good news. The whiting were plentiful on Tuesday at the Rous and the small ship passage and there were some nice schoolies at the rainbow channel opposite amity on the green along the banks.

There has been lots of bonito up at Sharkspit and Tangalooma and in the shipping channels. I haven't not seen any spotties yet but they should not be far away.

My friend who is at Moreton Island for 5 weeks tells me he can't find a squid (and had his dad buy him white tubes from coles) mmmmmmm that's pretty bad.. He has been catching some flathead along the shorline on the western side of Moreton.

So off Christmas shopping, getting the turkey, having a nice Christmas and waiting for the storms to finish so we can get out there and catch some fresh fish!

Good fishing to you all!

Spero.

sperok
Reporter

Re: Report 18/12/14

Post by sperok » Sun Dec 21, 2014 9:10 am

Just had a very good report of broad mackerel and schoolies beeing caught in the basin between the lazarete and amity banks.i would suggest it would be worth the effort of dropping a pillie over and having a drift or having a troll,met a dear old proffesional fisherman today that i have not seen for a long time and its funny how he thinks the same thing how the schoolies are now in the bay all year round and the broad mackerel are so big and lots of them in the bay,and also how the spotties are not staying around as long,good to hear at least that i am not the only one saying how much the fishing patterns have changed since ring netting was stopped,anyway looks like the weather is going to be ok over xmas so good fishing spero

sperok
Reporter

Post by sperok » Wed Dec 24, 2014 2:38 pm

Good afternoon all, day before xmas and the whiting were huge in the small boat passage ,some were 30 cm, biggest i have seen for a long time in the passage ,they were on the bite really well about 7am just on the right of the channel 13 ft of water is where they were sitting..did not get a chance to look for mackerel but the water temp is 78 and the water is a great colour ,i think when these big tides go it will be spotty mackerel time.merry xmas and good fishing spero

sperok
Reporter

Post by sperok » Sat Dec 27, 2014 6:56 am

Its good to see the green and red arrow site has the wind speed and direction right again,dont get me wrong i love the arrows but someone has to be able to change the predictions when they are so wrong,the buoys at bannana and inner beacon are showing 17 to 22 knots from the S/E and our friends are telling us 6 knots from the N ....oh well lets hope they do something about changing it in 2015 but i would not hold my breath,hope the weather improves so we can get out there good fishing spero

sperok
Reporter

Post by sperok » Wed Dec 31, 2014 3:41 pm

Spotties in the bay in big numbers and big fish , new report on the way..a line from st helena red to sandhills and artificial reef.spero