10 Ernest St, Manly
Ph: (07) 3396 1833
www.watertowerbaitandtackle.com

Spero: sperok@ozemail.com.au
subeditor
Admin

Report 22/1/15

Post by subeditor » Thu Jan 22, 2015 9:55 am

Weather gods were kind on Saturday and Sunday (pity Saturday night blew 20 knots) but Saturday was lovely.
I picked a couple of spottiess and a schoolie where the spotties have been between greenhope banks/artificial reef did nor see many birds working and the schools are small but the fish are there. Some anglers are going too fast and are missing seeing the fish swimming, just remember the birds are not always on the fish when they are not feeding, look high as the birds are watching them from a high above.
We went on to the end of the Rous to see if the squid were there and was not disappointed we manage 8 nice ones and released 4 more. We had a nice swim and ended up behind Peel for the night. As mentioned, blew its head off all night and then Sunday morning not a breath of air till 11am, thank heavens because it was extremely hot. We went through where the mackerel have been to have a look, a few boats were going around but not a bird to be seen and I think these big tides might put them down for a few days.
So end of the week should be very good again, salt and peeper squid last night on the boat and black ink pasta tonight ..life is good and so is the fishing!
Spero
Attachments
SperoSquid21115.jpg
Speromack21115.jpg

sperok
Reporter

Re: Report 22/1/15

Post by sperok » Thu Jan 22, 2015 1:30 pm

End of the week is upon us and the weather does not look great,the tides will be a little smaller and hopefully sat or sunday might be ok to chase some mackerel,a friend caught some nice schoolies fishing just of the bottom on the beacons in the shipping channels last weekend and also the beacons outside tangalooma so it might be worth a try,this rain should bring the big whiting out so looking forward to some calm days.good fishing spero

sperok
Reporter

Post by sperok » Mon Jan 26, 2015 10:54 am

Have a great australia day everyone ,we are so lucky to live in a country like australia where life is pretty good and the fishing is fantastic..........Saturday was a glorious day and sunday till 10 am was ok but it started blowing pretty hard down at manly,i have recieved a few emails from Skin,Tom and others telling me and showing photos of tiny mackerel they caught in the last week which as i have said i have never seen them ever so small in the bay,i would think its a good sign but i dont know ,does it mean they are spawing in the bay? well lets hope they grow up to be BIG mackerel and stay in the bay..week ahead does not look to great wind wise but that can change,(just like the weather) i know not funny.. good fishing spero
ps.couple of email from paul and other readers re my comments about the ARROW site, the site i refer to ie seabreeze .com.au because of the green and red arrows.

sperok
Reporter

Post by sperok » Thu Jan 29, 2015 8:12 am

Looks like a nice few days comming up friday onwards,the spottys have gone down and its not unusual we normally get the run of big females and about a 3 week break and then all the males come in ,normaly in bigger numbers,lets hope this happens,my concern is the warm water but this rain and s/e should have cooled the surface a little.a couple of friends went over to the shark spit yellow and managed 4 and 5 schoolies each last week end.
The water close in was extremelly dirty till the last of the incomming where it started to clear from half way across the bay and as reported last week lots of floating debris so be careful when flying across the bay.
So hopefully we all manage a few fresh fish this week and hope to see you out there, good fishing spero