10 Ernest St, Manly
Ph: (07) 3396 1833
www.watertowerbaitandtackle.com

Spero: sperok@ozemail.com.au
sperok
Reporter

Re: Report 27/11/15

Post by sperok » Fri Jan 01, 2016 9:24 am

Happy and healthy new year to all, may you all find the time to get out there and catch a few fresh fish.

On a serious note i was told this morning from a young and knowledgeable fisherman while he and the kids stayed on their boat last night in the marina a BOX JELLYFISH hung around in the light for an hour or so. i have never seen them in the marina and this is a serious concern when you consider how many kids and adults are in the water, so be very careful and keep your eyes wide open. There could well be more then one. keep safe and looks like the wind is going to s=ease off over the next few days. good fishing, spero

sperok
Reporter

Post by sperok » Sat Jan 02, 2016 5:11 pm

Lovely day on the water, took the grandkids at the sandbanks at the end of the rous channel for a swim and a very long walk with the dead low tide,and lots of fun by all. On the way out we pulled some paravanes through but nothing. This afternoon though on the way back they were thick and so close in 200 yds of the northern red at green island and as in the past they were eating razor pillies. When this happened a few years back they stayed around the close island for a month or so. For those not paravaning or throwing slugs this is the best chance for a drift with pillies as it is what they are eating close in. We picked up 4 really big fish, one was over 90cm. good fishing, spero

sperok
Reporter

Post by sperok » Mon Jan 04, 2016 3:15 pm

Monday /tuesday weather was not bad s/e were blowing and got up to 15 after lunch today and earlier yesterday. there are lots of big and small schoolies just wide of the northern red at green and the spotties have moved out to west and north of harrys. Lots of boats chasing them today and the fish were getting spooked. I will give some advice: i know its hard to wait when you see a school starting to feed but if you can hold off for a minute or so to let them ball up the bait they will stay up much longer then when you start throwing slugs at them as they are about to ball up. It's hard to do but today i managed 5 fish from one school because they had the bait ball up and were too interested in feeding than slugs being thrown at them.

Interesting today the sharks were in with a few of the mackerel schools eating baitfish as well. The stomachs of the mackerel were full today with razor pillies and whitebait ..good news is the schools are getting bigger with the arrival of the smaller males and they are really hungry. good fishing, spero