10 Ernest St, Manly
Ph: (07) 3396 1833
www.watertowerbaitandtackle.com

Spero: sperok@ozemail.com.au
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 5/12/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:26 pm

Its quite funny that after all these years how you forget unless you have it written down ,looking back on the last few years reports the fish and weather patterns were identical,as soon as the spottys showed up up came the wind and the water temperature dropped and all of sudden the spottys were keeping down till the winds eased and the water temp went up again,the beauty of doing the fishing reports is having a log you can look back on,rather then trying to remember because as I get older the old memory is not as good as it used to be.
So looking at the patterns we had very strong winds and storm fronts coming thru like this last week and looks like a few more in the coming week so don't try and push your luck wait for a comfortable day and keep safe.
Hopefully we will be fishing over the xmas new year period and reporting what is around.and I would like to thank all the readers for the wonderful emails all year with some fantastic photos of the kids catching there first big or small fish and having a wonderful time out in the bay and would also like to wish all a merry xmas and a happy and healthy new year..
so happy holidays.good fishing spero

ECM_hard_core_fishos

Re: Report 5/12/16

Post by ECM_hard_core_fishos » Thu Dec 08, 2016 8:58 am

Found them today,

What a morning out on the water was only blowing 8-10 ESE and decided to hit up the spottys just after first light. Found them in solid numbers WSW of mud in 18ft of water the schools werent big 6-10 fish but plenty of them. Didnt take long to get our bag of 15 fish just over 45mins, got a hold LoudMouthTwit (Wireu and his 3 cousin all funny and great guys) on the vhf and called them over to get some fresh fillets. Hopefully they hang around like last year..

Happy Hunting
Declan

sperok
Reporter

Post by sperok » Fri Dec 09, 2016 11:38 am

Finally the weather seems to be easing with wind hopefully dropping in the next week have had a few emails from fisherman catching some spottys on the western side of the bay between mud and the outside of st helena and the school mackerel were in really good numbers at the sandhills on thursday as well .
Had plenty of time in the last week to make plenty of chrome lures for spottys with single hooks wich makes it allot easier to dislodge a singlehook out of those mouths with very sharp teeth rather then trebles,as i found many years ago not much fun getting a treble out of the hand and fingers.
The whiting should love this dirty water and from the few reports i had they were in good numbers at the top the rous to the small boat channel..so good fishing and keep safe with all the boat traffic over the holiday period.

sperok
Reporter

Post by sperok » Sat Dec 10, 2016 10:36 am

I just would like to say if we could please go back to a fishing information site for the readers that just want to catch a fish when they get a chance to get out on the water with friends or family and enjoy our wonderful bay and fresh fish so close to home.
its been fun doing these reports but lately the fun is dissapearing very quickly.
I f readers want to talk and email each other please pass on your personal details to each other and not thru this fishing info site.and i am more then happy to recieve and pass on info thru my email adress which is available on the site.
many thanks
spero

Dannyboy

Post by Dannyboy » Sun Dec 11, 2016 8:02 pm

Here is an idea, how about you kiwi muppets stop posting shit chat, and leave this forum. Nobody wants to see your stupid posts that are probably all lies. Let's just keep it to friendly fishing chat aye?

flynny

Post by flynny » Sun Dec 11, 2016 9:32 pm

theses guy are having a laugh and i dont believe any of there bs.....it seems they have a hidden agenda to what spero writes. i dont think they really do appreciate his help.

thedirector

Post by thedirector » Mon Dec 12, 2016 7:58 am

Thank you Nicole -

To Spero - enjoy your reports - thanks

Chu

Post by Chu » Mon Dec 12, 2016 8:57 am

Hi, I just joined up to this forum although I have been browsing the site for over a year. What I look forward to has been Spero's post on what is happening out there and the type of fish he has been getting. It never fails to fire me up to go out fishing.

As I live up the Redcliffe peninsular and normally fish off Scarborough reef. I have been fishing here for just over a year with various degree off success, but nowhere close to what I read here :-( It would be nice if there were members who fish this area that are willing to share their experience around this region. It seems that the southern part of Moreton bay is more active and productive (the grass is greener??). However, I must admit that I am a "lazy" fisherman who is contented to anchor my boat at a location and do some bottom bashing for a few hours. I will try to post what I am experiencing around this area.

Cheers!

stanau

Post by stanau » Mon Dec 12, 2016 9:45 am

If we share our fishing experiences we all become better fisherman Thanks Chu and good one Nicole Cheers Stanau