10 Ernest St, Manly
Ph: (07) 3396 1833
www.watertowerbaitandtackle.com

Spero: sperok@ozemail.com.au
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Re: Report 22/6/17

Post by Nicole Penfold » Thu Jul 20, 2017 4:42 pm

A couple of photos from reader Andrew, who caught these fish at Peel on Saturday -- a 45cm and 50cm snapper, and a 90cm jew.

IMG_0916.JPG
IMG_0909.JPG

sperok
Reporter

Re: Report 22/6/17

Post by sperok » Wed Jul 26, 2017 6:32 am

What great weather we are having ,and plenty of boats out on the water,the whiting are in good numbers and quality in the small boat channel,but you need to find them as they are in a very narrow passage between the dropp off from the chain banks southwards, i saw many boats try the area yesterday and leave but trust me they are there in big numbers once you find them,whiting master and i picked up over 50 in an hour,the interesting part was they were aggressive when the tide was flying in but the bite dropped of quite dramatacly as the tide slowed,also peeled prawns worked as well as live blood worms.
Picked up a couple of schoolies very close to the front of king island but undersize and i think they might show up close in as the tide slows and the water clears but i dont know much it will clear with the dredging goung on in the leads at manly.
Some nice squire at green and but you need to use much bigger sinkers with the tide run the week end weather is looking prommising ..good fishing