10 Ernest St, Manly
Ph: (07) 3396 1833
www.watertowerbaitandtackle.com

Spero: sperok@ozemail.com.au
sperok
Reporter

Re: Report 30/7/17

Post by sperok » Thu Aug 31, 2017 8:07 am

Nice day on the bay .martha and i were joined by our good friend from fishing monthly nicole and the ladies had a great day while hubby was away working nicole was hunting and gathering school mackerel first up we missed the tide by an hour but still managed 3 nice fish and then off to the teenage colony of schoolies the small boat channel where they are in the thousands once you find where they are yesterday they were in the 17 to 19 foot mark in the deeper trenches and not the 14 foot mark.the fun was nicole brought a underwater camera and we attached it to the area between the diving board and the lure not knowing wether it would work firstly to catch a fish and secondly if it recorded the strike and even if the diving board would work well the good news is all three worked so hopefully i will be able to tell you all where to see the footage i cant wait to see it.
we stopped for a feed of whiting on the way back and there were plenty of them in the small boat channel.so nicole was happy fed the family mackerel frames and whiting fillets for the kids and a fun day had by