Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 30/12/16

Post by Nicole Penfold » Fri Dec 30, 2016 4:22 pm

December 29
The Barwon Banks from reports have been producing some mixed bags of reefies incuding gold-spot wrasse tuskfish and the odd Squire and The Hards have held some Bigger Snapper Amberjack and Tealeaf Trevally in the last couple of weeks for those who have ventured out in this often unpredictable weather. My plan is to slow troll some of the big Slimy Mackerel we have in at the shop at the moment around at dawn at a few spots on Saturday morning in hope of picking something up.

December 30
I have had a few reports over the last week of scattered patches of mackerel and tuna working out of our coast and i am anticipating there will be a lot of people out there very early tomorrow morning looking for them as in these calm conditions getting out in smaller vessels shouldn't be a problem(until after lunch tomorrow when it is forecast pickup to 15-20knots NE). As i mentioned in my previous report i plan to troll Slimy macks and hopefully get a few livies(if the kids get a few) and hopefully get a couple of Mackerel. I think "earlier the better" is the key to not only avoid the crowds but stand a decent chance of taking home a feed as reports are the best fish have been taken in early dawn light.

I have seen photos of a 81cm saltwater Barra that was a taken at the Caravan park at Noosa about a week ago, which was apparently kept for food. For those who aren't aware, it's the closed season for barra (until Feb 1) while they spawn, so it's illegal to keep any barra from the rivers and estuaries. There is more info here: https://www.daf.qld.gov.au/fisheries/re ... dal-waters

Kawana Bait & Tackle
Shop 5, Buddina Shops, 8 Point Cartwright Dr, Kawana
PH: (07) 5444 5551
http://www.kawanabaitandtackle.com.au