Davo's North Shore
938 David Low Way, Marcoola
Ph: 07 5448 8244
Nicole Penfold
Admin

Report 15/3/17

Post by Nicole Penfold » Thu Mar 16, 2017 1:43 pm

March 10
I have had some great reports over the last couple of days from a couple of very nice size Buck Mudcrabs caught by Jacob in the upper reaches of the Mooloolah and there have been reports of sandcrabs running in the passage and around Bribie Island. There was also a awesome catch of a 90cm Barra caught somewhere in the Mooloolah river on a livebait meant for a a Mangrove Jack, which must have been an amazing fight and well done to the fisherman who managed to catch and safely release this fish.
Once again my best bet for the major bites for the weekend would be fishing the hour either side of the hightide both morning and night as other than the low tide in the middle of the day the current will be running too fast to fish effectively.
Here's a photo of a couple of tasty Mudcrabs caught in the upper reaches of the Moololoolah river by Jacob.
March10Crabs.jpg

March 15
Reports of some hot Longtail action have reached me over the last week with them reportedly being taken on both 10-20 gram slugs and on surface lures such as Zerek stickbaits and alike, i have also heard of the odd Cobia getting around a the wrecks south-east of Mooloolaba and lots of grassies and Tuskies making up some nice mixed catches of tasty fish over the last couple of days on our inner reefs, the full moon was on Monday and the weather should hold throughout tomorrow allowing a chance to get off shore and even a small window may be present for Friday morning before all hell is expected to break loose just intime for the weekend.
The rivers have been fishing well across the Full Moon just gone with some great Mangrove Jacks and Mudcrabs being caught and also a few scattered schools of Banana prawns just before the huge down pour of rain yesterday.
This afternoons photo's consist of a great catch of Spainish Mackerel taken By Brad Gow last week who said at one stage they had a triple hookup on these hard fighting fish and all were caught in a space of 30 mins off Mooloolaba.
March15.jpg

Kawana Bait & Tackle
Shop 5, Buddina Shops, 8 Point Cartwright Dr, Kawana
PH: (07) 5444 5551
http://www.kawanabaitandtackle.com.au