Coucom's Crabpots & Fishing Gear
Ground Floor 34 Normanby Street Yeppoon, 4703
Ph: 07 4930 2301
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 31 Dec 10

Post by Brad » Fri Dec 31, 2010 7:07 am

OFFSHORE
Merry Xmas lets hope it’s a good one, if you do get offshore which I think is unlikely take care and I’m sure 2011 will be a great year to fish, the fresh will make a big difference and kick the year off nicely.

AWOONGA DAM
The dam is going over the spillway for the first time since the dam wall was raised and only time will tell how many fish make the dash for freedom. Let’s hope there’s a few left for next year.

FITZROY RIVER
NOT FISHABLE AND IN FLOOD ………………………..

CORIO BAY
Has had a good fresh run, it will be fishable but check the roads they can get washed out if you can get to the front happy day’s you will get fish. Barra and jacks will still be active in the fresh water and you would be surprised how much fresh some species will handle even queenfish will mix it up in the fresh run off.

COOROOMAN CREEK
Crabs maybe the best bet but check the weather conditions nobody enjoys fishing in the rain same as Corio - Barra and jacks will still be active but don’t be too surprised at what might show up. Probably Red Claw in the crab pots. And let me say a big THANKYOU to the arseholes that have been stealing pots in the creek this week, we can only hope that Karma takes care of you.

PORT ALMA
Quiet as a church mouse we have heard nothing from Port Alma except a few crabs but that is to be expected as the fresh is moving through everything. So all I can say is go give it a go some of the other estuaries have been going well so it should be no different but tides have been a bit on the large side for the Port so maybe with a smaller tide it will go better. Find the clean water find the fish.

CAUSEWAY LAKE
Remember most of the fish are caught while the run through is on….Some good fish have come out of the causeway of late Trevelly, Jack, Grunter have all come from the last set of big tides that ran through so when next it runs give it a go remember no run no fun. The causeway needs a big tide to run into the lake 3.9 or better.

BEDFORD WEIR BLACKWATER (Matthew)
Most if not all creeks and rivers around our area are in some stage of flood so be careful.

COMET RIVER (Matthew)
Flooding...

CHARTER BOATS - KONOMIE DREAMING AND SPIRIT
On Holidays

UPCOMING FISHING COMPS
THE NO BLOKES BARRA BASH WILL BE A GREAT EVENT THIS YEAR A LADIES ONLY FISHING COMP ON THE BEAUTIFUL LAKE AWOONGA SPOTS ARE ALMOST FILLED SO SEE STEVE AT BARRA JACKS ASAP FOR A SPOT. OR RING THE EVENT CO ORDINATOR AMY HILEY ON 49340541……..