84 Shipper Dr, Coomera Qld 4209
ph: 07 5502 6200
brett@coomerahouseboats.com.au
www.coomerahouseboats.com.au
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 25 Feb 13

Post by Brad » Mon Feb 25, 2013 6:44 pm

G'day every one rain or shine fishing is always fine. A few reports this week on the prawns but they all said it was a lot of work for very little prawns. The new moon should see the run begin if we don't get to much rain. NOW the jewie on the other hand is on the boil, try lures, banana prawns, live mullet, live pike, or my favourite bass assassin 7in pink diamond shad, so my conclusion is to try browns bay long side Russell island, salt works in between Macleay & Karragarra Island, at the end of Short island, point of Crusoe, pigsty at Kalinga bank, front of Swan Bay & all the way to the Pin Bar. Any other local spots you know should hold some jewfish.and that is just to name a few.

Snapper are doing very well with catches coming from around the bay islands Potts point, in between Coochie & Peel on the drift using pillys, squid,soft plastic 3in glups ,2in bass assassin at the end of the day they have all been known to catch fish but I don't think they could pass up an unweighted pillies slowly sinking down the water column. yum yum. The Whiting are still showing in good numbers just gotta get out drift along those sandbanks in shallow water till you find some & even reports of a few small catches off the bank at the northern side of cabbage tree point boat ramp. Fish in the 30cm range have been the average with fish to 40cm not uncommon.

Good size mudcrabs are always a challenge but if you can get out & put the effort in its worth a feed, they are plentiful at the moment especially around the Logan river mouth, Redland bay channel, Pannikin island, Long Island, keep them in abit deeper3 to 5 m, sand crab report come from Canaipa passage, Blakeleys, the north side of Coochie. I hope u can get out over the week & catch some fish, from the crew at VP bait & Tackle, Frandon, Jo & Justin.