84 Shipper Dr, Coomera Qld 4209
ph: 07 5502 6200
brett@coomerahouseboats.com.au
www.coomerahouseboats.com.au
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 29 May 13

Post by Brad » Wed May 29, 2013 9:51 am

G'day every one, rain or shine fishing is always fine. The beautiful late autumn, early winter conditions have started, cold mornings & night, clear sky's during the day. The last two weeks has seen very sporadic weather forecasts which has made fishing in the bay interesting. The Prawns showed again early last week. However now that the water temperature has dropped to 17deg, that will be it for the prawn season. They have been the most unpredictable in years & unfortunately we all don't have enough time to really chase them, but at least the last few weeks we have managed to get our bucketful. On my last day of the season I took out the boys from fishing monthly Steve & Shane, we managed to score one bucketful which i happily let them take home.

Snapper have been on fire & as the weather gets colder they will be plentiful in the Bay. All the usual spots, like Harry's, Northern end of Peel Is, Coochiemudlo Is the northern end, Potts point, Blakelys right down to Giants Grave using squid, mullet fillets or prawns but the good old pillys do the trick to have been the most successful bait but they have still been caught on soft plastics as well The boys have given us reports of a few pots placed in the bay around Coochiemudlo, St Claire's & down to Redland Bay channel have had many mud crabs but only couple of keepers.

Tailor have been showing up & chopping at the surface along Amity, Dunwich, back northern side of Peel, down the southern end of north Straddie to the pin bar & the corner of short island, easy to catch just have the right gear & quick reflexes. Tailor love the bonito, pilchards, hardy heads, Chrome slugs. The squid have started to come across the bay from Moreton Is, there has been a couple caught around Manly and Mud Is, so as the water clears up the further they will come in hopefully to Victoria point in a week or so. The water clears quickly with the westerly winds, but they are the coldest. I hope u can get out over the week, from the crew at VP Bait & Tackle, Frandon, Joe & Justin
Frandon Heseltine.