84 Shipper Dr, Coomera Qld 4209
ph: 07 5502 6200
brett@coomerahouseboats.com.au
www.coomerahouseboats.com.au
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 19 Oct 13

Post by Brad » Sat Oct 19, 2013 1:42 pm

G'day every one, rain or shine fishing is always fine. Hotter than usual these last few weeks, the Mangrove Jacks are definitely going to be showing. Reports of catches from Nerang to Coomera to Pimpama right up to Behms Creek & mouth of the Logan River. Eprapah Creek has had reports of Jack being caught & also reports of catches around the drop off at St Claire Island. There has been reports of school Mackerel coming in south passage bar and heading along rainbow channel it won't be long and we will see some Spottys in the bay soon. Snapper have been very quiet this last few weeks with fish average is 35 to 40 cm most are coming in after dark and on Sun up, the artificial reef are holding some off the better fish, Harrys, west Peel, east Coochie, Potts point, and near Willes island, all the bay islands.

Windy days have given limited opportunities to go offshore. But one day we managed to get out & it was definitely worth the effort. Joe went out to the 50's Fathom
Reef east of the Pin Bar & caught some Snapper, Pearlies, & a 20kg Amberjack using live slimy mackerel as bait. I went out with the boys caught some lives then went to the fifty east of the pin got some nice Parrot, Snapper, Trag & some big amberjack heads as the sharks would let you get it up 80 m then eat it in the last 20 m to leave me a head all on live slimy, yakka for bait the current was moving at 6 to 7 knots, 500 grams sinkers to get to the bottom.

Flathead have also being starting to show in shallow banks on low tide & on the drop offs around the Bay Islands. Flathead love live herring or potty mullet but if you
can't get live bait, fresh prawns or pillies will do the job. Always try to have a least a metre of lead line on the end between the hook & sinker to let the bait rise in the current. Whiting are loving blood worms, yabby, prawn & squid aren't far behind with reports of fish around 30 cm aren't uncommon from chain banks, amity bank, banana banks, Victoria point foreshore, the banks around the power lines, sand banks around the pin are all fishing well.

There has also been some big tailor coming from the tip of South Straddy just inside the pin bar with a lot of choppers coming in chasing the bait. There has been bull sharks moving in to the rivers, average size is about 2 to 3 foot long, my boy caught 6 on Saturday night and 4 Sunday morning and let them all go. I hope u can get out over the week, from the crew at Victoria Point Bait & Tackle, Like our page on FB. Frandon, Joe & Justin.
Frandon Heseltine