3/30 Shore St West, Cleveland, Q 4163
Ph: (07) 3821 1240
www.mossopsfishing.com.au
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 10 Sep 12 - BRIBIE

Post by Brad » Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:16 pm

BRIBIE: Talk to Joe at Bribie Sports and Cycles. 34081347
The summer whiting are problematical at the moment as the Pro’s have hit them pretty hard last week. I have been told they took over 4 tons that’s a fair few whiting that the rec fishers do not get. I will have a bit more to say about this next week when I get the chance to read an article that was in last weeks “Bribie Times”. However it is still worth while having a throw on the front beaches as there will be a few left. However, do not let the Pro’s bluff you in ordering you from the beach because they cannot. There have been some long tail tuna in the passage and have been taken from the Jetty up to the bridge and from Skirmish Point. There have also been a few spotted mackerel around and are coming from the shipping channel and from Tangalooma. In the passage there are some excellent flathead around and are coming from Buckley’s Hole, Red Beach, from the Jetty, from the sand flats opposite Cornets, from under the bridge and from Sandstone Point as well as from the sand flats off Sylvain Beach. There have been the odd nice snapper coming from the Ripples and also there are good numbers of mulloway coming from the Bridge area. There are also good numbers of quality sand crabs from below the bridge. The winter whiting are still good if you can get some good weather to get out to them.