Mossop’s Tackle World
3/30 Shore St West, Cleveland, Q 4163
Ph: (07) 3821 1240
www.mossopsfishing.com.au
Brad
Reporter

Weekly Report 5 Nov 12 - BEACHMERE

Post by Brad » Mon Nov 05, 2012 6:27 pm

BEACHMERE: Talk to Charlie or the boys from the Beachmere Sportfishing Club.
Good weather, high tides, and the clearing of a lot of the weed now in the river has started to produce some reasonable results. Sand crabs are being caught at the mouth and out the front of Beachmere, and a few muddies in the river. But be careful boating, as the Professional Crabbers are in the river, and there are a lot of crab floats. The latest go from the pros is leaving 2 dinghies tied up in the river, pots out, and then they come back when they feel like it. Maybe one of our readers may be able to stipulate the law on this? I mean I have no problem with the Professional fisherman and Crabbers making a living, don't get me wrong on that, but do the Professional's who have a multitude of crab pots out, have to stay with their pots or they can come and go as they please?

Email John at jd19944@wwwires.com and we will print hopefully an answer for our readers next week.
Some whiting out the front of Beachmere, but they are few and far between. Most of the fishing at the moment is being done from Bakers Flats, to the Jew Hole in the deeper water with live bait, and with some good results of bream, tailor and Flathead. ®Cheers J. D.